VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howdy AUDI........

Go down 
+2
tom
ADMIN
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 5:01 am

well the vr6 showcar came and went, the van went on friday, heres what im running at the moment.....

98 audi a3 1.8 20v turbo sport...standard for now, ive added a towbar for pullin me jetski, and forge recirc valve is on its way... then remap and decat to get the power up to somewhere near the old vr6....might drop it a bit but it depends... dont want it too low cause towing will be not so stable....

heres some pics....

Howdy AUDI........ 03082007237
Howdy AUDI........ 03082007238
Howdy AUDI........ 03082007239
Howdy AUDI........ 03082007240
Howdy AUDI........ 03082007241
Howdy AUDI........ 03082007242
Howdy AUDI........ 03082007243
Howdy AUDI........ 03082007244

watch this space..... lol
Back to top Go down
ADMIN
The Management
ADMIN

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 6:06 am

any money u like i bet that dont stay like that for long!! cha ching! what a great base to start on,out handles a mk4 as standard,what would it be like tuned up to some serious bhp and new wheels n suspension! ooooooo its got alot of potential! afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 12:44 pm

Get some Revo on it Gaz!
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 3:46 pm

not at corten miller prices...... will be goin further afield....
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 3:51 pm

Always like the look of the a3, cant wait to c wat u do with it Gaz.
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 5:28 pm

Yeah they are steep, made a good job on Col's Pulsar and Ollie's Skyline tho. I have a lealet from GTi international kicking about that was all on the places that do Revo.
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 6:43 am

steep arent the word... and they fucked up previous vw cars of mine so im gonna give them a miss..... louth vw can do it for around £350 +vat, but there is firms out there that will do it for less, ive found a firm used by alot on the uk mk4's website called 'chipped uk' there based at bromsgrove , which is a bit of a drive but at £250 all in to get the audi knocking on 200bhp ill kindly wvaer the lack of vat and what it will cost me in juice!! , they say it will be done in an hour.... just waiting to hear back and may drive over on thursday, if not it wont be till next wednesday. still waiting for me forge recirc valve... if its not here tomorrow im gonna get proper shirty and have to drive out to bourne which is where the guy who sold it me on ebay lives....., doin me custom stainless airbox tonight at work with a higher flowing dry filter too.
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 4:31 pm

That don't sound a bad deal mate, I wanna see that airbox once you've made it, should be sweet.
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 11:56 am

well c@nt i bought recirc valve off hasnt responded to ebay messages as i havent recieved owt... started paypal claim today for the cunt to say he was on holiday.... fuck off..... i want a refund.. time wastin wanker... he said on ad 'usually dispatched within 48hrs' and then '1st class recorded delivery 1-2 working days....' well thats been since last thursday... so im foobared off at mo... paypal claim still on going... going out bourne way when me bro and nephew are up for the weekend so we'll see if the cunt really is on holiday... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

tom was too fucked at work to make the stainless box this week, ive taken the stock filter out and replaced it with some mege fine grade wire mesh with a soft media filter innner layer in the form of the standard air filter... this has made it feel a bit more responsive... no extra noise so to speak of although you can here the standard recirc valve dumping /chattering a bit louder... gonna use standard half of air box and just make a new stainless lower frame insted of a complete box and have a cold air feed from grill in bumper... wont do alot really... am keeping standard exhaust system much to many's disgust.... well keeping the standard rear silencer... , i think the middle box is going to go missing, and a bigger bore downpipe and decat going on... want it totally standard looking you see... no big exhausts or wheels etc....
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 10:34 am

log book came through today... so me and the kids had a run out to lincoln to transfer me k8neh reg from the retention certificate onto the howdy audi..... bunged the german stylee plates on and it looks better cause it removes the year, so you cant tell its a 98 for a 2001 model which is good... lol now got paypal claim going on for the forge dump/recirc valve i bought as still not here... the cnut replied to paypal but darent reply to ebay messages... what a wanker he failed to ad on his list... 'im on holiday' ... so i want a refund... as i only clicked buy it now cause he was local (bourne) and stated 1st class recored delivery 1-2 days so i should have had by tuesday at the latest.. (paid for it thurs last week) , this has totally fucked me up on the remap side cause i aint driving to chipped uk with the standard plastic valve on cause that will just give up on the way home as they cant handle the upped boost... so remap on hold till ive got a replacement valve from an honest seller that will actually deliver in the times quoted....... i fuckin hate ebay sometimes... im honest and send stuff straight away.... why dont every one else????

oh yeah, europarts are doing some lowered springs... £59 they will drop it 50mm , dunno wether to do it or not.......
Back to top Go down
ADMIN
The Management
ADMIN

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 10:37 am

yep u defo shud and i have proper spring clamps down at j's! get em bought when i sort u the money for 1 of them vibes! Wink
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 12:29 pm

Ebay can be a right piss take, I've only had it happen once tho, meant to ask what oil use use to make your bumpers black again as Toby said you knew of something that worked well...
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 11:53 am

yup i do tom, either dirty engine oil or just £2.99 a gallon stuff... that on some of them rags that colin brings home from work and they come up better than black to black anyday.... you just gotta remove any excess after you dont it other wise when it rains you might get milky bumpers....

santa santa lol!
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 1:51 pm

well this finally came today, a week later than it should have

Howdy AUDI........ FMCL007P

fitted it at 8am before i went on some 150mile favour runs and its quieter than the standard plastic bosch one but it will enable me to remap without fear of it letting go with the upped boost..... so no moew 'flutter' noise from the plastic one i now have a muffled 'choooooffff' lol.... didnt want a chavvy sounding one anyways... now gotta book remap... dont think it will be till monday after next though...
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 1:52 pm

will post pics on the car tomorrow but the rest of the engine is 118k's worth of grime and aint showy lookin so dont expect much... lol

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 7:38 pm

Thanks for the info Gaz. Was gonna try that but Chimp got some autoglym bumper care and it made it mint. Just gonna hope it holds out cause it goes pretty grey quickly.
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 4:03 pm

just won a set of these tt 17" rims for £122 so should get em tomorrow and get em banged on.... hopefully will get similar price for me 16"s haha.....

Howdy AUDI........ Ad69_12
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 8:43 am

well went and collected em and have em on, looks a bit high, not as high as i thought it would look but it will deffo have me looking out for springs or coilies to drop it a tad..... you can see the german pressed plates in these pics too....

Howdy AUDI........ 02092007264
Howdy AUDI........ 02092007265
Howdy AUDI........ 02092007266
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 8:46 am

oh yeah some facelift rear lights on the cards with some clear side repeaters , and get the glass tinted proper... thinking about the lowering thing.... i dont think coilies will be any good cause of when im loaded up with the jetski and stuff so a subtle 35-40mm drop on springs will do i think...
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 9:29 am

looking afro
Back to top Go down
Rick
Gettin' wold'er!
Rick

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 12:13 pm

looking good, could do with a few tuning goodies now, my place does revo chipping and it will certainly make your car feel much better,

we also do many other 1.8T stuff, i have a 300 bhp LCR which we will be converting to 4 x 4 and putting a garett 2871 turbo on it.

give us a shout www.quattronics.co.uk
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 1:47 pm

sounds nice rick... have rung around a few places for quotes on having the agu lump in my audi remapped, but cause its a agu engine code not alot of folk wanna know.... corten miller at friskeny want £581 plus vat for a superchips, and £680 odd for a revo..., there a firm at bromsgrove 'chippeduk' that will do it for £250 all in, and louth vw will do it for £350 plus vat.... so im torn, im up for advertising any firm on the internet and in stickers in my car that will do me a good deal not to foar from home so see what you can do.... theres lots of peeps that need a decent reliable service close to home...
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Looking good Gaz! Will look sweet with a subtle drop.
Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 1:56 pm

well fook me all that was in september...... how time flys!! i had lost the love for the audi , but sniffin around i couldnt get much of a car for what i paid for the audi so im gonna throw a bit at it it.....

these along with a 40 mm drop will do me.. i might like me car then.... or if i don till sell it....

sunny sunny sunny

i think i shall be having some of these over the next week or two...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260185444108&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200177149032&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170171001966&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110197137937&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140183509746&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

sunny sunny sunny

watch this space... howdy audi will be comin of age.... will still have towbar though.... need some big latex big hairy testicle's to hang on em though....

sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
BEESE
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
BEESE

Number of posts : 1678

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 2:11 pm

not keen on window tintz mate, and would probably be lookin for a dtm style rim for an a3, rs6s are cool but every golf and audi round my ways rollin on them, rest of the stuff would defo be on my shoppin list if i had an a3. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy AUDI........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy AUDI........   Howdy AUDI........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy AUDI........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next