VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Passat

Go down 
+7
wayneyb
tom
stoker
HarleyBobMarley
bonezbusta
red
MattTurbo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MattTurbo
fresh meat!

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-28

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: My Passat   My Passat EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi all. I drive a 2001 1.8T Ssat Sport.

Heres a few pics of my build to date.

I bought the Passat in at the beginning of 2007. I needed to swap my M3 Evo Vert for something mkore sensible for daily driving, and needed something generally more practical. After looking at many different cars, I decided I wanted to get into the Dub scene properly, as ive always been a massive fan of VW's, having been brought up around them as a kid.

So, never one to follow the crowd, I decided Id go with something different, i.e not a golf, lol.

So after much looking, I found this:

My Passat DSC_0199
A Passat 1.8T Sport 150BHP, with one owner and only 36K on the clock. A bit of a gem TBH, and in a reasonably rare Blue Anthricite colour.

I didnt go raging into changing it straight away, as I wanted to makesure i planned the project properly, getting the look I wanted just right. Plus, I wanted to do everything myself, so its best to take your time!

After knocking up a photoshop of the overall look, I began with the obvious, the bodywork, as being a paint sprayer it was the clear choice, lol!

My Passat DSC_0271-1
My Passat DSC_0272-1

The black roof, pillars and bonnet section worked really well, and after 3 attempts, I got the front bumper two tone efect looking how I wanted it. I also colour coded all my strips, lower aprons and side skirts.

Next were the wheels. I couldnt find the wheels that really grabbed me, and everytime I did, someone had already done it! So for the time being, I painted my standard 16's Lambo Anthricite, which went with the whole stealth thing pretty well.

I also invested in a set of FK Highsports, and with a little help from a technician friend, got them fitted, and wound right down to the max. This was how it looked for a few months after that:

My Passat Lowered7-1
My Passat Lowered2dechromed

Unfortunately, I had to raise the car a couple of threads, as living in rural Lincolnshire, this ground clearence was almost undriveable:
My Passat DSC_0564

Overall, I was pretty happy, but soon wanted to get a bit radical with the car. Ive always liked the complete smooth look, and so took the car off the road to begin the next faze!

First, I smoothed in the lower aprons, which in itself took around 30hrs to prep before painting!

My Passat DSC00131
My Passat DSC00133

The car then looked like this: Not a massive difference, but made for a much cleaner look.

My Passat DSC_0898

This is how it stayed for quite a while, as my business was taking off and I just didnt have any spare time to spend on the car.

As soon as I got chance, the car was back off the road, and I decided to take the plunge, and completely smooth the bumpers, as I have not really seen it done much over here. It was a big gamble, as I didnt have any spare bumpers, but in the end just goit stuck in and went for it.

First I cut the re3cess out:

My Passat 30012008074

Trime the cutout and heated it to make it malable, before plastic welkding it back into the bumper:

My Passat 30012008075

Filling was a complete ball ache, as recreating the shape isn't easy, but I got there in the end:

My Passat 01022008076

Primed:

My Passat 01022008077

My Passat 01022008081

Sprayed:

My Passat 01022008083

Back on the road again for a few weeks before I tackled the bump strips. These were a complete NIGHTMARE to get right, and althought a similar process was used, was alot harder to get right. The time taken for prep on the strips alone was touching around 40-50hrs id say, with alot of swearing, plastic welder bruns, and almost tears, lol!

The finished look

*Pic to follow

After this, I takled the boot again, and resmoothed it, and then extended the black section from the tip of the tailgate, down to the bottom of the windows to match the rest of the job.

My Passat DSC_0004

Then, after almost giving up oin finding a set of rims that would go with the unusual look of the car, I stumbled across a set of Sparco Dieci's, a 19" 2 Piece Forged wheel, with stainless technoformed dishes, wrapped in Toyo Proxes. The owner had originally had them especially imported from Italy, at a cost of over £3500, and had them on his mk5 R32, but then sold the car. After much research, I realised how rare and high quality these wheels were, I had to have them!

So, on the car they went, and after some 10mm spacers, sat perfect in the arches.

Finally, a mother of all details. I took 3 days off work, and spent around 30hours on the car, getting the paint as mint as possible.

Before:

My Passat DSC_0201

After:

My Passat DSC_0206

My Passat DSC_0238

My Passat DSC_0176

My Passat DSC_0192

My Passat DSC_0238

Finally, after 12months of mega hard work, 6 bumper resprays, two roof resprays, 3 bonnet resprays (Im a bit picky, lol), I finally rolled the car out and attended a show, where the car received a great response.

My Passat PassatFrontQtr
My Passat PassatQtr2
My Passat Passatrear
My Passat Passatrear2
My Passat Passatrear3

Then, for 2009, I decided to take the car through anbother makeover, taking inspiration for the Belgians etc, as I love their confidence and balls out attitude to modifying.

The results:

My Passat Use5resize

My Passat UDPassat

My Passat Bulletresize

My Passat Use2reszie

My Passat Use4resize

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
red
fresh meat!

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-12-31

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:47 pm

You know I love this car!! If only they made the passats bumpers look anything like that from standard Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.dublincs.co.uk
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:54 pm

thats an awesome motor mate,love what you have done its all come together so well and looks soooo complete! love the look of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
HarleyBobMarley
fresh meat!
HarleyBobMarley

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-04-06

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 2:57 pm

That's so siick man.. really nice job. Will you be showing it at the Viva SkegVegas show coming up soon?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/harley.birch?ref=prof
stoker
woldskool crew
stoker

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2007-08-06

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Credit to you thats one nice car if only Id got you to spray my golf[/url]
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Looks smoooth matey!
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Number of posts : 2300
Registration date : 2007-08-04

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 4:30 pm

last time i see this was on dub lincs just had the bonnet done black
Back to top Go down
vwchimp
woldskool crew
vwchimp

Number of posts : 1792

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 5:35 pm

sweet ride man u have put a lot of hard work in there

i remember the car from ultimat dubs with the bullet as the aieral lol
Back to top Go down
MattTurbo
fresh meat!

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 1:16 am

Thanks guys!

I think ive only done 12K in it in 2years because its been off the road more than on! I just cant seem to stop smoothing stuff, lol!

Looking forward to just enjoying it this year tho.

It was pretty crazy over the winter, as I made it my mission to build 3 cars in 6 months ready for ultimate dubs.

I own and run Ultimate Car Care in Lincoln, and with a bit of help from my good friend Rick, and my other half Michelle, we managed it!

Heres a group shot of the 3:

My Passat Erdvc

We will be attending a fair few shows this year, and will be holding a few meets at my premises.

Ill keep you all posted on the next one which we're organising for anyone who's interested in coming along.
Back to top Go down
lupolu
woldskool crew
lupolu

Number of posts : 3009

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:33 am

saw yas at lincoln on sunday.
Back to top Go down
adi
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2007-11-04

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 8:21 am

Rick as in the rick with the purple leon? My mate Jim has his old white mk2 on the D90s. That passat is a really nice car mate, you should be pleased with that
Back to top Go down
MattTurbo
fresh meat!

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:40 am

Yeah it used to be purple, lol.

Jims a good mate of mine, im trying to convince him to paint his D90's red at the mo!

Thanks agin for comments Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adi
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2007-11-04

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 3:17 am

hes rolling on my ibizas old 3 spokes at the mo lol, i bet thats a good laugh! he desperately needs wider tyres though, 165s look aweful on a mk2! I think he mentioned he's got hold of some 8" rears though
Back to top Go down
MattTurbo
fresh meat!

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:49 am

Yeah he has sourced some 8's from what I hear.

I was putting more pressure pon him last night for a painting them red, lol.
Back to top Go down
dubway
woldskool crew
dubway

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-15

My Passat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passat   My Passat EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 am

Thats a really nice car you have made there. Smile
Back to top Go down
MattTurbo
fresh meat!