VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

exhaust fabrication

Go down 
+7
tom
cotney05
falconer1
lupolu
bonezbusta
Crowson_punk
bertsteiner
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

exhaust fabrication - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:49 pm

He said tubes! lol
Back to top Go down
lupolu
woldskool crew
lupolu

Number of posts : 3009

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 am

4 inchs of tube?
Back to top Go down
Briggs-e
woldskool crew
Briggs-e

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:39 am

lol tom wishes he could give you his 4 inches of tube hahahaha
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:13 am

I got more than 4 inches of tube Briggs-e!
Back to top Go down
bertsteiner
Gettin' wold'er!
bertsteiner

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:33 am

4.25" from wat i have heared!!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:46 am

Must have been a semi bert lol!
Back to top Go down
gtijim
VWWold'skooler!
gtijim

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:42 pm

if you get some 10mm round bar and roll it to the same diameter as your tube, then weld it on the end of your tube it looks like it has a rolled edge. grind and polish the weld away, you cant even tell its two piece.

i think its quite cute how every one is so impressed with welding a couple of bits of tube together to make an exhaust. dont get me wrong it looks good what you have done. its just when you see someone welding stainless tube every day for 15 years it doesnt have the same effect!!!!
if you need any tube (dairy pipe or seemed ornimental) let me know i can get you loads of it from work, most sizes.

also, when you have welded it you need to put some pickling acid on it to take off the burn marks!!
JIM
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.centrelinemachining.co.uk
tom
woldskool crew
tom

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Well we are on the subject of awesome welding these look the nuts and I want a pair for my RD350!

exhaust fabrication - Page 2 JLexpansions
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:59 pm

looks like a snake eating a dog or someshit,got it stuck half way down! im impressed by the welding,coz if u cant do it,its an art form! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:06 am

SLIM-VW wrote:
looks like a snake eating a dog or someshit, lol

That was my first thought too Laughing
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:11 am

glad it werent just me then!!lol! each time i look at it i see something else,looks like a sea horse now lol
Back to top Go down
Briggs-e
woldskool crew
Briggs-e

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:48 am

its them pills you take mate! Just looks like a pipe to me lol i cnt weld so im goin to say th welds look neat...which no1 can argue with that!
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:21 am

its that or something else mate!? lol
Back to top Go down
bertsteiner
Gettin' wold'er!
bertsteiner

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:06 pm

i know what your saying gtijim. i just cant be arsed to mess about will silly rolled out tail pipes. straight cut i think personally looks hard (tom) lol. but everyone to there own. and this as i said is only a hobby full time job am a plumbing and heating engineer and mechanical services. I just enjoy makin stuff as silly as it sounds especially when the the other car of mikes i worked on won 3 throphies at the weekend and got second at 10 of the best. will have to speak some time jim i do need a good supply of tube and fittings and i have heared of this pickling acid but neva used it i just normally polish it off.
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm

SLIM-VW wrote:
looks like a snake eating a dog or someshit,got it stuck half way down! im impressed by the welding,coz if u cant do it,its an art form! lol

LOL best way I have heard an expansion chamber described ever! Its a two stroke thing. Basically the gases expand in the first cone, then kinda bounce back in the second to help keep the fuel/air mix in the cylinder! You can alter the design or size of them to alter where the engine makes its power.

Read a book on making them once then designed and made one! Was fucking tricky and I did half the tig welding under supervision of a pro. I'd love to do more welding! The joys of work experience at high skool! Was a little weird looking but it worked! Here is is on my first bike to hit the roads way back in 2001!

exhaust fabrication - Page 2 AP50

And if your thinking the silencer looks a little small it was in fact a dummy to attempt to fool the cuntstabulry. Didn't work as it was loud as fook but it sounded a little like a fooked up 125 GP bike!
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:07 am

that is a mad one n all,i roll things that look like that and are probably bigger!!lmao!!
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 am

Lol that would resemble an open mega off a 60s brit bike lol!
Back to top Go down
jetta88
woldskool crew
jetta88

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:17 pm

Been after a system for mk2 jetta gti an poss of approx price?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: exhaust fabrication   exhaust fabrication - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

exhaust fabrication
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2