VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK

Go down 
+4
vwchimp
bonezbusta
dubway
jackovw
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK Empty
PostSubject: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:23 am

I've bought another Mk3 Golf!!!! affraid affraid

This time its a K-plate 2.0 8v GTi, 3-door in Mulberry Red.
Intention was to break it and stick the 5-stud brake set-up on the white TDi estate I bought before xmas.
Trouble is, after spending today checking it over, I reckon its too good to break! It needs MOT (last one ran out on Friday), and I reckon it might need a steering rack, a tyre and a couple of other little bits (trivial stuff like number plate lights!).
Its got the Hella quad lamp kit in it, sat on 16 inch BKRacing 5 spokes and only got 180,000 on it.
Going to get it tested this week then decide what to do with it.

Will get some pics of it later this week.

Last edited by jackovw on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dubway
woldskool crew
dubway

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 am

I wanna see Sad
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 pm

blimey jacko!!lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Sorry, still no pics - yet!!

Put it in for a test on Tuesday and ............ it failed!!
Although I knew it would cos one of the tyres was fooked (no tread in the middle and a split all the way round the outside) and there was play in the end of the steering rack. Only extras found were distinct lack of handbrake and headlamp aim.
Got a second hand rack off a bloke at Burgh Le Marsh, spent Wednesday changing it, tried adjusting the handbrake, got a tyre and tweaked the aim and took it back - still no pass cos the nearside rear caliper was knackered. So found a pair of calipers kicking about in my mates workshop and fitted one of them but not back for retest til Monday so.............
Plan is now that I'll run the GTi, my mate will have the estate and we'll break the red one.
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Well, it passed MOT last Monday, swapped the insurance over and have been using it since...
Did cambelt & serviced it at the weekend so all good!

Currently running around with half the dash missing - still got a list of jobs to do -
Remove old alarm - its all there but I have no fob for it and its got no power to it.
Remove immobiliser - only got one fob for it and I have a new alarm & immobiliser to put in.
Replace heater control panel - the blower switch has got a bit hot at some point and partially melted!
Change speakers and fit the stereo kit from the red one.
Fit the uprated headlamp wiring I made for the red one - hopefully will improve the lights.
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Time for a brief update:

Still no pics (but I think chimp may have got some at Santa Pod on Sunday?)

Got the alarm situation sorted so its now secure (ish).
Got half the stereo out the red one in, just got to sort amp and stuff out for the sub.
Dash is now all in one piece.
Changed water pump and thermostat the other weekend so now it actually gets up to temperature - the gauge only used to move when sat in traffic!

So now we're onto looking for stuff to modify it!! Been looking at rims - wanna go 17s or 18s, needs to be lower & polybushed, new exhaust (the one thats on is a bodge up) and then maybe more power???

I promise I will get some pics took !!
Back to top Go down
vwchimp
woldskool crew
vwchimp

Number of posts : 1792
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:04 pm

there is a pic up in the spring fest lot man if you wanan copy the link into here
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:51 pm

Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK DSC03792

Cheers Chimp lol

Will get some of my own done at the weekend.
Back to top Go down
vwchimp
woldskool crew
vwchimp

Number of posts : 1792
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:05 pm

thats ok man i would have got more but i was saving battery fior the strip
i see you have that pic as your avatar aswell lol
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 am

damn mate,that is not a bad motor for what u got it for! weird colour 2,any idea what it is yet?
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Yeah, its LC3T - Indian Red Pearl - so not Mulberry as I thought !!!! Searched on Google and looks like was a special on Golfs 92 to 95
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:22 pm

bonus mate! something a little bit different!
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Yeah, might see if I can get hold of a brochure to check...
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Right, I've finally managed to get my pics of the car uploaded to photobucket, so here's a selection!

Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK 066

Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK 050

Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK 073

I still need to give it a proper clean and polish, but so far done 2,000 miles and it hasn't gone wrong cheers
Back to top Go down
Ady
The Management
Ady

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:38 pm

looks good mate i always lked that colour Wink
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeah, its not too bad. Got a few jobs I wanna do to tidy up the paint - theres a few scratches and marks that need sorting and I wanna take the skirts off and check the state of the sills underneath.
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Poly bushes for the front wishbones arrived today so will have a look at swapping the suspension over the weekend - am gonna put the coilovers on for now - am hoping it'll stop the vague feeling.....
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Have finally got round to fitting the front polybushes and the coilovers cheers

Not set them very low due to removing a VR splitter off the diseasel at low heights, but am well happy with the handling now - it actually goes where I point it! New tyres on the front helps as well!
Now looking for a new exhaust and de-cat, got the engine mounts to sort (it jumps out of reverse when I boot it!) and maybe some new rims......
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:01 am

Update time.....

Finally got a new exhaust - and it doesn't bloody well fit! So don't buy an Ashley system for a Mk3 Golf cos they're crap! Its on at the minute, but I had to 'adjust' the spare wheel well and the back box to get clearance Mad
Have removed the Hella quads cos I couldn't see what I was gonna hit in the dark! - now running standard GTi lights. The Hellas will be up for sale soon when I've had chance to clean them and change the cracked lens.
Back to top Go down
adi
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:16 am

how much you gonna sell for?
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:55 am

Assume you mean the Hellas? £125 with 2 sets of covers (1 in black, 1 in Dusty Mauve I believe) spare pair of mounting frames and spare pair of Hella inner lamps.
Back to top Go down
adi
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:25 pm

no no, I meant the whole car Smile
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 2:15 am

Hmm, not sure! Probably somewhere around £400 ono.
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 1:50 am

ITS DEAD Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad RIP

Engine has given up the ghost - something to do with frozen coolant on Tuesday morning (it was -17!!)

Its not worth repairing so is going to be broken. Want to keep a few bits but shout if anybody wants anything.
Back to top Go down
Ady
The Management
Ady

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 6:40 am

front splitter please mate.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK   Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK Empty

Back to top Go down

Jacko's Mk3 8v GTi IS DEAD - WILL BREAK
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VwWold :: Project dubz-
Jump to: