VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how to up my speed lol

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
andypandy
woldskool crew
andypandy

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2009-05-12

how to up my speed lol Empty
PostSubject: how to up my speed lol   how to up my speed lol EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:18 pm

what bits would i need to turn my golf in to a gti is it just the injection coz i no its already a single point injection will i need to change all the wirring or will it run on a gti injection ?????? confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how to up my speed lol   how to up my speed lol EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:14 pm

think best way forwaed is 2 tune ya carb m8
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: how to up my speed lol   how to up my speed lol EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Mk3 GTi is completely different than the non GTi's. 2 litre for a start.

As for Mk3 1800 injection and Mk2 GTi there is quite a big difference - all the control unit is different, the fuel pump pressure is different and all the inlet manifold and throttle body is different. As far as I can work out, the single point injection is effectively a carb with an injector sat in the middle of it.
I'm not entirely sure what the best way of making the 1800 go better is, I did look into it a while ago for a mate of mine who used to road rally a Mk3 1800 Driver and in the end we decided that there wasn't a great deal that could be done without spending a shed load of cash.
Back to top Go down
andypandy
woldskool crew
andypandy

PostSubject: Re: how to up my speed lol   how to up my speed lol EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:04 pm

ok mate thanks anyway Sad
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: how to up my speed lol   how to up my speed lol EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:19 pm

No probs - although a decent air filter and exhaust will probably help free it off a bit and a good service and set up wouldn't do any harm.
Iirc the 1800 single point should have started life with 90bhp.
Back to top Go down
andypandy
woldskool crew
andypandy

PostSubject: Re: how to up my speed lol   how to up my speed lol EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:31 pm

i put a cheapy air fillter on it today sounds good but im not really getting anywere any faster lol maybe your right mate she might just need a good service as for a backbox iv got one of them letterbox jobs but i need to add a bit to it to make it fit and it needs welding on but im no welder so il have to pay somone silly money to put it on for me Razz
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: how to up my speed lol   how to up my speed lol EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Just noticed on your pics in project that it is a K plate - if it is pre April 93 then you can loose the cat without having problems with Mr MOT man - that should help loads
Back to top Go down
andypandy
woldskool crew
andypandy

PostSubject: Re: how to up my speed lol   how to up my speed lol EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:52 am

tanks mate il have a look in a mo i think its blowing from there anyway so it will save me a bit of money if i can replace it with just a pipe lmao Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to up my speed lol   how to up my speed lol Empty

Back to top Go down

how to up my speed lol
Page 1 of 1