VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mini wheels on a polo?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tomo-tdi
fresh meat!
tomo-tdi

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-09-17

mini wheels on a polo? Empty
PostSubject: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:35 am

This maybe a really stupid question but im sure i seen a polo coupe sat on some mini superlite wheels is this possible?
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:33 am

Yeah, that was Tom's - he used wobble bolts.
Back to top Go down
callum33
VWWold'skooler!
callum33

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:22 am

Got mini wheels for mine for shows and stuff
mini wheels on a polo? IMG_0014
used a drill and file to corect the pcd as their half a mm out in each hole, 4x102 instead of 4x100, would recommend spigot rings though to make them more solid if you do this or go the whole way and do spigot rings and wobble bolts, its just expensive that way
Back to top Go down
tomo-tdi
fresh meat!
tomo-tdi

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:32 am

i work at an engineering place so i could probably make something myself but how much would i be looking at then for spigot rings and wobble bolts??
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:32 am

I get my spigot rings from ebay.. Just search for the size ya need on there mate..
Back to top Go down
tomo-tdi
fresh meat!
tomo-tdi

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:06 am

ok cheers mate but i gotta buy the car 1st won it on ebay but aint gone down there yet going tomoz night
Back to top Go down
tomo-tdi
fresh meat!
tomo-tdi

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:05 pm

callum wat size wheels do you have? will i be ok with 13x 7s?
Back to top Go down
callum33
VWWold'skooler!
callum33

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 am

That's what mine are so should be fine although theirs two types the normal mini lites which have a positive et and so won't stick out the arches or the deep dish ones like mine which are the same but have practically zero et so stick out the arches bout an inch so you'd need spats to cover them or pull the arches
Back to top Go down
tomo-tdi
fresh meat!
tomo-tdi

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 am

i was thinking bout going for 14 inch wheels as i need some sump clearance do you know how wide u can go without body mods?
Back to top Go down
callum33
VWWold'skooler!
callum33

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:07 pm

all depends on the et really as that is what determines how much dish you have away from the hub and thats where it'll catch, on mine i had to put plastic spats on and the rears still were outside the arches but only the top of the tyre has to be covered thats why 'stretching' tyres is popular as you can get more wheel 'poke' from the arches and still be legal.
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:07 am

mini wheels on a polo? DSC00155
mini wheels on a polo? DSC00156
mini wheels on a polo? DSC00157
mini wheels on a polo? DSC00146
mini wheels on a polo? DSC00158

13x7 ET-7

Wobble bolts from ebay are your friend! Just watch out as mini wheels usually have mega negative ET! The Polo was dropped 60mm front and 40mm ish rear!

mini wheels on a polo? 12

14x6 Golf GTI pepperpot steels make a good tuck wheel for a slammed Polo... 70mm front and 60mm rear.
Back to top Go down
tomo-tdi
fresh meat!
tomo-tdi

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:32 am

not sure what mines lowered its on a PPP subframe and wishbone conversion and H + R cup springs and shockers
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:55 am

tomo-tdi wrote:
not sure what mines lowered its on a PPP subframe and wishbone conversion and H + R cup springs and shockers

That should handle well!
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:26 pm

mini wheels on a polo? 12

14x6 Golf GTI pepperpot steels make a good tuck wheel for a slammed Polo... 70mm front and 60mm rear.[/quote]

Love the look of this Tom.... is it yours?..
Back to top Go down
tomo-tdi
fresh meat!
tomo-tdi

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:58 am

yeh handles awesome! i dont think im going to need wheels now ive got the point with this car where its just annoying me so i think its going up for sale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mini wheels on a polo?   mini wheels on a polo? Empty

Back to top Go down

mini wheels on a polo?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VwWold :: Technical advice section-
Jump to: