VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pete's Lupo

Go down 
+2
kimmy
petie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-26

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:40 am

OK, I thought I'd done one of these already but I guess not!

So this is how I bought it....

Pete's Lupo 25042010238

1.6 16v AVY
6 Speed box
BMC panel filter
TH-Monos in diamond cut/black
Back seats removed
Front seats replaced with Mk4 GTI Recaros
FK silverlines
Cambridge Tail lights
Gloss black wing mirrors
Rear wiper removed

So quite a bit of work had already gone into it, which was TBH a weight off my mind. Took it to Westside at the end of last year and it somehow found its way into PVW the next month which was a nice suprise and shows what a good job the previous owner made of it.

Pete's Lupo 13112010019

Then I felt the need to make it my own a bit, although I told my wife(to be at the time) that I would leave it alone unlike the rest of my vehicle history and be satisfied with how it was.

So I stuck on a Fabia RS upgraded rear anti-roll bar to help keep it planted, quite good fun on 'hardcore' setting, get plenty of lift off oversteer! Then I was after geting the roof sprayed gloss black but couldn't afford the price so I went to a vinyl place who stuck a sheet of black vinyl over it. The results left a bit to be desired if I'm honest but it'll do till I go for a full respray. Wouldn't advise vinyl to anyone now after seeing a few dodgy jobs being done by several companies.

Pete's Lupo DSCF9021

Pete's Lupo DSCF9020

Then with the winter season hitting hard I got the standard wheels that came with the car shot blasted and powder coated black by a local company, got a new set of rubber for them and got those fitted.

Pete's Lupo 30112010036

Pete's Lupo 5673457207_9e1cd2ddd9
Loop2 by Turbopete, on Flickr

Next my FK's decided to blow on me so I had to buy a new set of coilies after looking into which were best, and leaky FK's seemed to be a common problem, so after chatting to a lad from awesome-GTI I ordered myself a new set of weitec coilies, and while I was in the mood to treat the lupo I managed to find myself a cheap G60 brake upgrade off another VW forum so snapped it up before anyone else could get in there!

Pete's Lupo 02062011157

Pete's Lupo 02062011159

Pete's Lupo 02062011164

Then I felt with a couple of shows coming up I wanted to get involved with I'd best get my summer wheels out and rolling, but with them being manky from neglect on my part I sent them off to wheelcraft in heckington(thanks to John and Simon) and asked them to bring them back up like new but also to strip back the black centres so the inner bowl is polished too and they've done a cracking job on them. Got another fresh set of rubber for all four and got them fitted.

Pete's Lupo IMG_0566

Pete's Lupo IMG_0572

Then finally got them fitted today, kinda(stripped 2 wheel bolts damn it!!)

Pete's Lupo IMG_0583

Pete's Lupo IMG_0588

Pete's Lupo IMG_0584

Pete's Lupo IMG_0586

And how it sits now!

Pete's Lupo IMG_0591

Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Mate that looks bang tidy the wheels look better than new without the black centers and polished up. where did you have your vinyl wrap done? I was thinking about getting my front grille wrapped in carbon but i wasn't sure bout having a go or not myself.

what size are your old brakes and would you wanna sell them if they still good? And bigger than mine lol.

Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:20 pm

They're 256mm buddy, but totally knackered though I'm afraid! I'll keep my eye out on club lupo for GTI brakes being sold but I honestly think g60's are the way forward, although I can't be 100% sure if the carriers fit, but if lupo gti ones fit the g60 ones should do too!

Hutson Signs on John Adams way did it, they usually just do signs, obviously, but as it was just a sheet on a mostly flat surface they had a bash at it. But I reckon if you have a look round on a few local forums there are a few lads who advertise wrapping services. The lad who may be doing my interior fiddles with wrap too I believe.

Yeah I'm really happy with the wheels, will be happier when the centre caps are on, all the wheel bolts are there and the loop is dropped down onto them!!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:27 am

No worries, Yeah I think the ones on the Vento are 256mm also but wanna get some igger ones for it. If you see anymore g60s come up anywhere you'll have to give us a shout dude.

It dont look like they have done a bad job on the roof though.
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:31 am

Well when we're both free I'll give you a closer look at it mate! You on ed38? Always worth checking the classifieds on there, gotta be careful but I've picked up some right bargains. But I'll keep an eye out. I'm a bit of a forum whore!
Back to top Go down
tomstanforster
Gettin' wold'er!

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-06-06

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:21 am

[quote="kimmy"]No worries, Yeah I think the ones on the Vento are 256mm also but wanna get some igger ones for it. If you see anymore g60s come up anywhere you'll have to give us a shout dude.

just get some mk3 gti 280mm and some adapters off ebay mucho cheaper and the same size
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:44 am

So how would that work mate if mine are 4 stud and mk3 gti brakes are 5 stud and what adapters would I need? you got any links for them off ebay?

Kimmy
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:06 am

I thought mk3s all had 4 stud apart from the vr6s? If the gti's are 5 stud there's no point opting for them buddy as the adaptors will cost more than the rest! My set of discs and carriers cost me 80 quid posted to my door from the top of Scotland!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm not sure now to be honest I thought all mk3 gtis had 5 stud and just lower spec ones had 4 stud. yeah dude for sure, if you ever see me outside work or working on my car at home or whatever. you going to the next Skeggy meet on the first Thursday night of the month?

No I'm not on E38 but I'll get signed up and check em out see what I can find.

Kimmy
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:40 pm

I doubt it mate, I'm busy every Thursday night after work I'm afraid! But I'll be on the brayford this Sunday though!
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:19 pm

gti's & vr6's both have 5 stud boys. think all the rest are 4 stud. cars looking awesome by the way petie bounce
Back to top Go down
andypandy
woldskool crew
andypandy

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:09 pm

And how it sits now!

Pete's Lupo IMG_0591

[/quote]
looks spot on to me mate Smile
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Took a couple of fancy pics while I was on night shift the other week.

Pete's Lupo 6090614803_d5fe53ab45
flickr46+ by Turbopete, on Flickr

Pete's Lupo 6091119264_05b0130f8d
flickr12+ by Turbopete, on Flickr

Pete's Lupo 6091114460_88541a81ba
flickr1+ by Turbopete, on Flickr

Took off my front and rear door cards today and took em round to get re-trimmed so can't wait to get them back now! So that's next, then need to get round to getting my spare cam carrier powdercoated too so that can go on as and when, just to help tidy my engine bay up some more.
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Looking Sweet as always mate! Love the rims. You'll have to get some pics up when you get your door cards back on. You having them done local?
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Yeah a mate from sleaford has just started doing bits and bobs independently and asked if I fancied some stuff doing so as I want my interior tarting up a bit I said why not!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:04 pm

I can't blame you mate. What other plans you got for the Loop?
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Dunno really, it's all money ain't it! Need it lower with more camber, gotta decide what I'm gonna do with the rear interior, desperately want it spraying, but I'd sacrifice all that for a 20vt transplant. But that's just a dream!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Yeah I know what you mean dude. Would look sweet with some camber and more drop, it will be on the deck then! I would be worried to drive it that low but maybe I'm just a fanny haha. 20vt can't be that hard to drop in there can it? What's the engine bay like for room? Do it! Smile
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Massive job mate, massive! Yeah you need to put it on the floor! At least for photos!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Oh! I would do mate but I'd end up knocking the plastic arche trims off that are now glued on.
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Yeah you need a hybrid loom, cut the chassis legs, switch driveshafts and hubs etc, change the pedal box equipment, weld new mounts onto chopped chassis, that's just a few of the major jobs!
I'm sure with a bit of trial and error you could find a decent thin line of compatibility with some lows!
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

nowt major then petie lol. any news on ya interior panels?
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:20 am

Yes Danny, got them back and on temporarily, need some more clips and need to clean up and spray my handles, but couldn't resist fitting them for the minute....

Pete's Lupo Photo6

Pete's Lupo Photo5

Pete's Lupo Photo21

Pete's Lupo Photo4

Plus I went on a little road trip to pick up something else to go in when I have the time, energy, patience, and confidence....

Pete's Lupo Photo7
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:57 pm

haha i'm liking this mate. looks like he's done a really good job on the panels. you having the seats done aswell? you know it makes sense Laughing
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Nah not yet, I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with the seats, I'd love some mk6 tartans, but too expensive at the mo. Don't think I'd like much more red inside either, the cards go nicely with the seatbelts, my mate offered to do my gear and handbrake gaitor but I'm happy with it how it is. Just looking into the dash job, say if all goes well, which it very likely wont, it's a days job. Quite similar to a 6n2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pete's Lupo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pete's Lupo   Pete's Lupo Empty

Back to top Go down

Pete's Lupo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next