VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The "jimenwagen"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-08-07

The "jimenwagen" Empty
PostSubject: The "jimenwagen"   The "jimenwagen" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2007 12:09 am

Ok, so some of you will have seen our old mk3 gl owned by my mate Adam, (jim to his mates, don't ask why, as i honestly cant remember,)

The "jimenwagen" DSC00065

Which we will now be starting work on v. soon after xmas.

So far the plan (what I'm aloud to disclose, sum is top-secret lol) is:

1. drop it to the floor. I recon 60 although he's worried about clearance, as it's a daily. any advice?

2. get a donor 5dr gti for steering rack (his is impossible to track apparently,) wings, boot lid, sills, the interior, brakes cylinder head, exhaust, mfa, leccy windows and any other bits you think are worth it, I'm not sure whats differant between the 3's so if anyone can advise?

3. shitloads of smoothing, doing the bumpers, rub strips and sprinter vents let in.

4. get sum kickass wide wheels. thats all i'm saying, we have decided on them, but that's deffo staying secret for now!!!

5. converting to a roof mounted aerial.

6. opening up both silencers and replacing standard innards with sports stuff. saves a bit on insurance lol.

7. Paint is very hush hush, but will be fantastic when done.

so if anyone has pic's of 5dr mk3's at differant hights, or can tell me the diff's between the gl and the gti it would be usefull!

Oh, and I may have found a way to get our cabby done for next to no money!!!!!!! YAY!!! so with look we'll mebbe have a coningsby/woodhall convoy to the show this year!!!

I'm mebbe gonna do the exhaust off the cab 1st to practise on, so will post pics as i do it. should be a fairly easy job to weld the new bits in.

Cheers,
Jon+Em
Back to top Go down

The "jimenwagen"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VwWold :: Project dubz-
Jump to: