VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jackovw's Jetta TX

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 1:03 pm

Not much changed for a while, still low on coilies and 16's!

Got sum big plans afoot to sort the lack of go tho'.......watch this space!

Jacko

Jackovw's Jetta TX Gtew110
Back to top Go down
Briggs-e
woldskool crew
Briggs-e

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-07-19

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Come on mate! Lets see some pics of it again!
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 2:25 pm

F@#k me, is it really August since I updated wot's been done to the Jetta!!!!

Anyways, spent last weekend sorting a few small jobs on the old girl.

Now has a clutch that doesn't slip when I set off from the lights (courtesy of my old white Jetta GTi), has a Jetex exhaust with homebrew tailpipe on a GTi manifold and downpipe.

Oh, and a Kent GS2H cam.

And yes, it's still standard 1600, and the Pierburg carb hasn't got too confused yet!!

She now pulls like a train all the way to the redline (and beyond, so thats 6,500+ rpm) in 1st, 2nd and 3rd - on the std box thats near as damn it 100mph. Should be quite interesting for Santa Pod in a fortnight.
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 3:24 pm

Okay, its time for an update......

The old bus came off the road at the end of November when the tax ran out and since then its been sat on blocks. I've removed the bumpers, arches and skirts and found some rot in the passenger side rear wheel arch (not too bad, needs a repair section) and a couple of patches on the sills. The wings have been removed (they were rotten at the bottoms behind the bumpers) and theres a couple of bits that need welding on the inner wings near the bonnet hinge bolts (again not bad, about the size of a postage stamp!).
The front end is dismantled and the engine is ready for taking out so that I can tidy the engine bay cos there's a bit of rust on the bulkhead, don't know how bad til the engine comes out.
I spent this afternoon stripping the front suspension off and I managed to snap one of the bottom arm pivot bolts so I'm going to have to change the front subframe Crying or Very sad
Plans are to put small bumpers on with no arches, skirts or rubbing strips and put in the 2 litre 16v (9a Passat/Corrado) engine with a big pair of snorty Weber 45's, just need to find some cash from somewhere to buy everything!!
Will try and get some pics took tomorrow so you can all see where I'm up to.

Jacko
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:32 am

blimey mate,u been busy! twin 45's,nice!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Cool some progress made then dude!
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Todays update -

Replacement front subframe cleaned up and about ready for a lick of paint then building up with new wishbones and poly bushes.
GTi rear beam (with anti-roll bar) stripped and bushes removed (horrible job - took most of the afternoon to burn out the rubber!!) so that now needs paint, poly bushes and some stub axles, discs and calipers.
Front coilover bottom adjusters seized so left soaked in WD40 ready for a play later in the week.
Took some pics, but can't find the camera lead.....get them on later in the week.
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 604

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:12 am

i shall have to pop round and pay you a visit lol. if you need a spare pair of grubby mits give us a ring lol

numbers still the same.

Jon.
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:07 am

Ok, got me pics uploaded!!

Jackovw's Jetta TX Picture069
As it sits at the moment Sad

Jackovw's Jetta TX Picture066
Small hole in inner wing near bonnet hinge

Jackovw's Jetta TX Picture061
Passenger side wheel arch rot

Jackovw's Jetta TX Picture093
Scabby bit on the bulkhead behind the engine - there's another of these about 6inches to the left...

Jackovw's Jetta TX Picture_096
Sheared wishbone bolt......arse!!!
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 604

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:30 pm

you think thats bad, you should se what me and skip uncovered on the syncro yeasterday lol. holes in places i've never seen before lmao

ah well!

Jon.
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 3:41 am

I know it's not bad at all, won't take too much work to get sorted bounce
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Not been much progress on the Jetta front since I got the diesel, but I did manage to remove the interior over the weekend due to finding a rather soggy carpet when I was removing various bits of stereo wiring the other week. So it now has no seats, dash or heater and I've stripped off a large chunk of the sound deadening tar sh*t.
Also found the cause of the nasty rusty blobs on the bulkhead - them small stud things that VW use to hold the carpet in.......!!

Had a minor change in plans for the final outcome, but lets say it won't have much trim in!!
Anyone want a Mk2 Jetta GTi interior in reasonable nick??
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Just spent 5 minutes finding this thread - is it really that long since I updated it!! Laughing

Okay, this is still ongoing but with all the mk3's it's been on the back burner for a while.
Spent yesterday removing engine & box, front cross member, front subframe, rear beam, the rest of the wiring and started on removing all the excess brackets that I'm not going to need.
Will now be running Mk3 GTi 5 stud running gear, got an O2A cable change box (Corrado G60) and now have a ported 16v head - just need some pistons (next on the list of things to buy once I've paid for the radiator and cam belt on the Audi!) then the motor can go together.
Going to do more tomorrow & Monday so will get some pics of progress
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackovw's Jetta TX   Jackovw's Jetta TX Empty

Back to top Go down

Jackovw's Jetta TX
Page 1 of 1