VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

some dubs past and present

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lewis1641
fresh meat!
lewis1641

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-20

some dubs past and present Empty
PostSubject: some dubs past and present   some dubs past and present EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 5:05 am

heres a few of my pics!

this is my first bug which i went to town on. when i bought it it was solid bar the heater channels so i got a guy to weld in a pair of stainless steel ones. sadly i didnt realise at the time that he didnt do the best job in the world but hey ho, i was happy. the suspension was dropped onto the floor, recaro interior put in and then i experienced my first bugjam and realised i didnt have the skills or funds to make an amazing bug. this was the point where i rubbed the paint down to give a matt finish and painted on a pair of off centre racing stripes- one thick, one thin - in grey primer. this was about 8 years ago and i'd never seen a rat looker before! i was quite proud of myself when i saw ratters appearing at shows. sadly i dont have any pics.

the greatest addition to this bug was a genuine carbon fibre decklid with empi eyebrow air vents. it was absolutely beautiful.

the next stage was a huge regret. i stregthened the shell and cut the roof off it and fitted a paris beetles convertible kit. it looked ok. my dad de-seamed the rear quarter and panelled over the rear vents to make it look a bit more karmann like from the rear. it ewas an ok conversion but looking back i wish i hadnt done it.

the next step was an even bigger regret. i installed a 1641 engine with twin carbs and a lairy cam. it felt really fast and i loved it. a few days after the install it developed a fuel leak which caught fire destroying the carbon engine lid. it took hold of the roof and then parts of the interior. by the time the fire brigade got there there was little left of my dream car.gutted.

the insurance money paid for my first golf gti and the chassis is now the basis of a weird off roader my mate made. RIP eric.

some dubs past and present Eric

this is my old 1303. it was in really good condition and i loved it. however i temporarily moved to a rough area and on night 1 a window was put through so i took the decision to sell it before it got trashed. really miss that car. its now a horrible turquoise colour

some dubs past and present 1303

this is my current project! sadly i have done nothing to it whatso ever as yet but i have plans and i am collecting parts. i have yet to see a rat rod wizard so i am going to make one! i need to sort some cycle wings, chop the screen and weld the doors shut. it will be nasty, oh yes

some dubs past and present Wizard
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/antiemoposse

some dubs past and present
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VwWold :: V.A.G-
Jump to: