VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lewis1641
fresh meat!
lewis1641

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-20

sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but... Empty
PostSubject: sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but...   sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but... EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 3:24 am

i am desperately trying to decide if £500 quid for a high mile but tidy 1990 polo gt is cheap or about right. done a bit of searching online and i am seeing cars with no tax or test for a couple of hundred or minters for 1500 to 2k.

any ideas people? it is the coupe shell and the mk2 facelift model totally standard been well looked after 186000 miles(!) taxed till end of feb, tested into august. it looks awesome and i'm thinking its got to be a bargain or have my glasses suddenly turned pink?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/antiemoposse
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but...   sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but... EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:24 am

If it is as good as you say mate, then i would go for it.
N if ya don't decide to go for it, then let me know as that is gonna be my next motor, when i sell my mk3 golf that is!
Back to top Go down
lewis1641
fresh meat!
lewis1641

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but...   sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but... EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 8:20 am

gonna go back for another look and possibly have a drive of it tonight...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/antiemoposse
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but...   sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but... EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 12:21 pm

personally i wouldn't buy one that high without service history. the small block vw engines often throw headgaskets at about the 80k mark, so by now it could have had 2 if not more!! I'd want to see regular stamps, bills and a lot of old mot's!! Going by how our parade looks after bloody 76k i'd hate to imagine how rotten it is!

I would pay about 1500 for a high mileage g40, or for a v. low mileage gt but then again 500 isn't bad, if only for the cylinder head and fuel injection system, which is a good upgrade for a basic polo of any engine size.

but then again if it's good go for it, as good 1.4 engines come up all the time, and you can just swap the engines and parts lol.

Jon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but...   sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but... Empty

Back to top Go down

sorry to post a HOW MUCH thread but...
Page 1 of 1