VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

been playing with the bug!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-08-07

been playing with the bug!!! Empty
PostSubject: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Well, I got the car for a few days to rebuild the carb, sort a couple of leccy probs and give it a damn good clean!

been playing with the bug!!! Bugpics002

been playing with the bug!!! Bugpics001

been playing with the bug!!! Bugpics003

fitted sum old carpet i had spare into it too, looks much better than bare floor and mats,

been playing with the bug!!! Bugpics004

been playing with the bug!!! Bugpics005

also, got the sub and amp fitted ready for the alternator kit to go in! It sounds ok at the minute, but the genny is barely putting out enough to run it and the lights lol!
been playing with the bug!!! Bugpics006

Just waiting on my engine seal and alt kit to turn up on friday and it'll be looking good. Does need lowering though, if anyone has any advice on the best way to do it.

Jon.
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Number of posts : 2300
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 12:14 pm

looks nice bug that jon whens it coming out?
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 12:50 pm

it's out all the time lol, tiz a daily driver! Was at skegvegas last year when dad had it, although it wasn't parked in the show.

It's needed stuff doing for ages, but it's been used 6 days a week since boxing day!!!!

Plus without my driving test I cant go anywhere in it, and em has to work weekends as part of her work! Once my test is done I'll bring it to meets. if i'm lucky i might be able to afford to have the 3 lessons and test I need lol!

Jon.
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Number of posts : 2300
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 1:34 pm

cool can't wait to see it gotta love the air cooled
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Nice motor Jon. The rears are splined so just drop it a couple. I think the beam needs altering on the front but loads of kits and advise about on the net. Try a post on VZi they seem airred up!
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 12:47 am

Everyone on vzi says "fit adjusters" and they cost money lol. my weldings fine, but my measuring is not so good. don't overly fancy having a wonky beam putting 'em in!!!

Jon.
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:35 pm

I had a 1303 karmann cabriolet, and i lowered it 2 splines at the back and got the angle grinder out on the fronts. Just kept cutting half a ring out till i was a little bit higher than i wanted( to allow for settlement) then left it. All on VZi said dont do it, but a lot of them on there are cheque book builders( bit like Briggse) lol!

I am 76karmanncab on VZI by the way, gizza pm.
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 4:25 pm

If you weld it, they will come? Nah wait thats wrong!

Jon if you an weld im sure you could even narrow a beam! If you wanna see an adjustable and 4" narrowed beam ask or Ben (VWVAZE or just VAZE on here!) as he is building his Cool Air one up at the mo. He even has two stock beams up for grabs so you could even do dry run!
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:17 am

not bothered about narrowing it, as it wont be going that low!

I just need to know what I need to do to the beam lol, as no-one seems to want to tell me!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon.
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:32 am

Back to top Go down
VWVaze
Gettin' wold'er!
VWVaze

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 2:40 pm

did you get the info you needed about the beam dude? the bug looks cool, 1st time ive seen pics of it! hope to see it in the flesh at skegvegas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.co.uk/vazespace
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 6:01 am

unless I can get a spare beam to put adjusters in, I don't want the adjusters, just need to know what to alter at the front to lower it without!!!

And I'm too poor to buy another beam lol, so it'll have to wait lol

Jon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: been playing with the bug!!!   been playing with the bug!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

been playing with the bug!!!
Page 1 of 1