VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The jetta project

Go down 
+13
jackovw
Briggs-e
smiggy
swainymk2
BEESE
wayneyb
Ash
tom
VWVaze
Crowson_punk
punkrockdub
JaMiE
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JaMiE
woldskool crew
JaMiE

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2007-08-04

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 5:08 am

just picked it up a couple of days ago, so far all iv done is removed the number plate and fog lights, and also replaced the water pump last nigh cus it packed in the night i got it lol,

Plans so far are to get myself a set of coilovers to replace the lowering springs so its got a firmer ride plus im goin a bit lower, sort out the blow on the exhaust and fit the parts so make a flamer exhaust get the alloys off tom refurb them and get some low profile tires, sort out a gti jump to fit in hopefully stoker can sort me out 4 tht, and also a good clean and polish 2night,
Will post some picks up once i get home 2night
Back to top Go down
punkrockdub
woldskool crew
punkrockdub

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-08-06

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 5:35 am

sounds like its gonna be kool, cant wait to see it when its done
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-08-07

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:21 am

It's not just springs it's on, it's weitec matched springs and shocks!! and it's fairly stiff as it is lol

If you fit a flamer you'll fook the silencer, as it doesn't have a tailpipe as such to fit it to. if you squirt fuel into the exhaust before the silencer, you'll soak the wadding insed with it and you'll have a raging inferno and a badly warped can!!!

and if your gonna swap engines, stick a mk3 2.0 8v/16v in, as theres not a huge point in piddling about with the 1.8 8v, as far as I'm concerned, why build a car you can buy???? the whole point of a swap is to do something you cant buy.

plus it's just as easy to drop a valver on carbs in, if not easier than the gti lump, as you'll need a differant fuel tank, the pumps off the gti, all the fuel lines, a complete motor with all the oil cooler and water system as the rad is bigger. Then theres fitting the k-jet in, which does require some brackets welding in.

It really is not that easy. whereas a valver on carbs will drop in, and you'll only need to have an electric fuel pump and a decent fuel filter fitted for it to run ok.

Jon.
Back to top Go down
VWVaze
Gettin' wold'er!
VWVaze

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-09-18

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:50 am

no need to put another engine in it dude... just get it slammed on some nice rims! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.co.uk/vazespace
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:08 pm

I would go with Ben but a GTI lump is easy and promising! How about a VR? Don't think the insurance will let you stretch that far tho!
Back to top Go down
punkrockdub
woldskool crew
punkrockdub

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 pm

1.8t Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ash
Gettin' wold'er!
Ash

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 1:17 pm

vr6!!! with turbos... 2.. not 1 lol bounce
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Number of posts : 2300

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 3:58 pm

150 bhp gtdi power and torqe
Back to top Go down
BEESE
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
BEESE

Number of posts : 1678

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:28 pm

rs turbo c.v.h? Laughing

was behind you in it this mornin by the way, i was mr inconspicuous vectra driver!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Gettin' wold'er!
Ash

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:39 pm

lol never noticed wat time was it lol, and hope i wasnt drivin like to much of a prick lol
Back to top Go down
JaMiE
woldskool crew
JaMiE

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:41 pm

tht was me above was logged into my bros account by accident lol
Back to top Go down
JaMiE
woldskool crew
JaMiE

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:50 pm

a few pics o it so far

The jetta project Image254
The jetta project Image255
The jetta project Image256
The jetta project Image259
The jetta project Image261
The jetta project Image262
The jetta project Image265
The jetta project Image267

sorry bout the poor quality only on the phone and was gettin dark at the time
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 1:31 am

looking good, but i would say that.....

Jon.
Back to top Go down

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:46 am

Jon+Em wrote:
It's not just springs it's on, it's weitec matched springs and shocks!! and it's fairly stiff as it is lol

If you fit a flamer you'll fook the silencer, as it doesn't have a tailpipe as such to fit it to. if you squirt fuel into the exhaust before the silencer, you'll soak the wadding insed with it and you'll have a raging inferno and a badly warped can!!!

and if your gonna swap engines, stick a mk3 2.0 8v/16v in, as theres not a huge point in piddling about with the 1.8 8v, as far as I'm concerned, why build a car you can buy???? the whole point of a swap is to do something you cant buy.

plus it's just as easy to drop a valver on carbs in, if not easier than the gti lump, as you'll need a differant fuel tank, the pumps off the gti, all the fuel lines, a complete motor with all the oil cooler and water system as the rad is bigger. Then theres fitting the k-jet in, which does require some brackets welding in.

It really is not that easy. whereas a valver on carbs will drop in, and you'll only need to have an electric fuel pump and a decent fuel filter fitted for it to run ok.

Jon.

for some one who dont drive youve got alot to say on stuff....... have you done valvers on carbs and stuff...... or acutally driven any decent dubs your self... or do you just speak sh!t all the time??

jamie do what you want mate, and if you need to ask any one with unbiased opinions on what to do with yas jetta there are a few of us on here that actually have doen some serious stuff and know what were on about.....

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 3:06 am

gaz, for someone who had ago about slagging people off on the public forum thats a bit hypocritical?

I'm being serious on the "y build something you can buy" gti jetta's are about, briggse's old 'un being a good example. except it had all the bits it needs as it was a gti. There are diff's, the brakes (well gti vented discs and pads will go straight on jamies, I checked lol) the exhaust, the fuel system. You could spend the money on a good gti head and carbs for the 1.6 and easily make the power of an 8v gti.

And i have seen, and been in a couple of mk1/2 valvers on carbs (among other things, turbo bugs etc.) have spoke to people about whats needed, as we were considering it for the cabby at 1st. I have so much info saved away so I do know. Please don't assume that coz I don't have a license that i've never driven any "decent" dubs. thats unfair, and biased. tbh this forum is degenerating into childish squablling. if my advice isn't wanted then fook it. i wont bother. I got into this scene for the same reasons you did, and we are supposed to give advice if we have it. I have it so I share it. if you don't wanna know it don't read it!!!!!!!!!

Jon.

Last edited by Jon+Em on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
punkrockdub
woldskool crew
punkrockdub

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 9:35 am

must admit mate looks fantastic with the number plate off (wish i had thort of it lol
and thats prob the first time its been polished in months!
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:48 am

wayneyb wrote:
150 bhp gtdi power and torqe

Not a bad idea that Wayne!
Back to top Go down
JaMiE
woldskool crew
JaMiE

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:07 pm

lol think i may go diesel actualy, with the petrol cost nowadays lol
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Well if you do go down any engine swap route you know I am willing to get the spanners on it! Can't wait to get the Polo on ITB's with a DIY ECU!
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 1:19 pm

And I'm always up for a bit of freelance tinkering! tdi does sound like an awesome plan! definately different!!

Be bloody quick 'n all!!!

Jon.
Back to top Go down
BEESE
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
BEESE

Number of posts : 1678

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:01 pm

JaMiE_F wrote:
lol think i may go diesel actualy, with the petrol cost nowadays lol

diesels dearer to buy than petrol.
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:25 pm

diesal works out a little cheaper in the long run as you use less.

Or you can buy a filtering plant and use chip fat Very Happy

and to the little prick that keeps changing posts, Fucking stop it. Mad

Jon.
Back to top Go down
JaMiE
woldskool crew
JaMiE

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:56 pm

gave the bonet a bit of a respray 2day, nt sure if everyones gona like it but i do so its all good, also got my alloys fitted 2day, thanks to tom for sortin me out wit those

The jetta project Image282

The jetta project Image279

The jetta project Image280

The jetta project Image278
Back to top Go down
swainymk2
woldskool crew
swainymk2

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2007-12-30

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:01 pm

bonnet looks cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Frickkin' sweet dude! Nice one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The jetta project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The jetta project   The jetta project Empty

Back to top Go down

The jetta project
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next