VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Daily Hack....

Go down 
+3
wayneyb
tom
smiggy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:26 am

well thats what my car is.....

brought this off some biddies a few weeks ago...

Daily Hack.... 524281-5

was owned by there 56 year old son from new (company car) , the biddies then got it in 2000, in which theyve done 30k in 8 years....

i didnt want one that had been fcuked about with or with leather , so as it is my daily drive too the mrs talked/nagged me into getting a 5 door... i still think they look sh!t compared with a 3 door....

i drove it back from near grantham and hated it... sat so high, and the engine was too quiet and felt strangled.. so next morning i ripped the air box off, now running a massive pipercross induction kit from a toyota supra with a 45 degree silicone bend to angle it away from the engine, then there was the two peashooter exhausts out the back...so brought a stainless big twin powerflow back box from some kid off 38 and a set of springs from ebay... with in a week id decked it, sorted the induction and the outlet noise and strangling problem... goes loads better now... then developed a wheel bearing moan after being lowered... sorted that monday night and modified my old a3 towbar to fit it too (for towin me jet ski) , also won some wheels on ebay, 17" momo arrow style with 215/40/17 tyres.... scuffed to fook but they were mucho cheapness and i can refurb them one at a time when i can be arsed... also bunged me private plate on it, will post a pick of how it looks now a bit later on....

but thats it wont be doin owt else, ive lost my off street parking so my car lives on the streets now so its bound to get key'd and dented etc as long as it starts and is as good on fuel as it has been then im rolling in it till i get bored...
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:41 am

Seen this in the flesh the other day Gaz, looks a lot better with them 17's on and dropped, you gotta lot done ina week. And you spot on with the 3door looking better than 5, even with kids i could never bring myself to having that many doors Suspect

If only i could get motivated again lol!
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 9:38 am

well i just popped out in the rain to give the jet ski a tow to make sure there werent no scrubbage..... and there wasnt, jet ski on and kids in the back so to say im chuffed aint the word.. i had visions of hookin the trailer on and not being able to move with tyre/arch contact but the offset is just right.....

Daily Hack.... SPM_A0070

Daily Hack.... SPM_A0071

Daily Hack.... SPM_A0072

Daily Hack.... SPM_A0073

oh there is two more things im going to do... i want a tennis ball towball cover, and a pair of rubber gonads to hang from the bracket (some one had some at great north vw run last year and they were funny as funk)
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am

oh yeah, i also took the skinny 'gay' late spec chin / front spoiler off and fitted a deep early spec one....i know me scruffy wheels aint 'scene' wheels... but anyone that knows me knows i dont give a flying f00k about all that shat!! hahahaha
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 10:50 am

Looks good Gaz, wheels don't look too scruffy and suit it aswell.
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Number of posts : 2300
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 11:42 am

dont look bad at all that gaz as tom says wheels suit it as well sod the scene i do what i like sod anyone else thats what i say but no looks good gaz , you liking it more yet?
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:16 pm

nah still hate the fact its got 5 doors mate... if it were a 3 door id be 'luvvin it' but it aint so im not...

goes well now, handles well, looks / sounds better with the bits ive done, but its still a w@nky 5 door... you can do what you want to em and they still dont do it... think the mk3 can carry 5 doors off better than mk1/2/4's ...... will still be taking it round cadwell in august hopefully and i know how well they go round there from my old one... ive just got to imagine there no rear doors when i look at it ...

lol
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:23 pm

the picture make the wheels look pretty tidy... the lips are funked on each wheel.... but theyd get like that anyways when my mrs drives it... hence not in no hurry to do owt with em... paid peanuts for em so im happy.... lol
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Take the door mirrors of Gaz then you defo won't see em when driving!
Back to top Go down
BEESE
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
BEESE

Number of posts : 1678

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:17 pm

looks good gaz, i'd just rattle can them wheels in anthracite, or dark grey, might suit it.
i want a vr now everyone else is gettin em!
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:29 pm

theyll be rattle can'd mate what ever i do with em... not worth polishin or owt cause there gonna get scuffed again and then sand etc from the beach and stuff... dont want any show car stuff... lol
Back to top Go down
stoker
woldskool crew
stoker

Number of posts : 523

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:49 pm

looks good mate you just cant resist a Vr can you
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 7:38 am

looks nice that does gaz! nice n slammed!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 11:50 am

yeah not too bad still hate it cos its got 2 extra doors,... but it now drives nearly as well as my show car, although it aint chipped etc.. which would help.. am deffo keeping it for a while so you might see it at one of your sunday meets at the haywain if i get time....

not that its worth any one lookin at lol....
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 11:55 am

i know what ya mean about 4 doors gaz dont think i could but with you having a family suppose its best to, i just wish i could get anything done on my car works been so slack cant afford to do anything lol
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 12:14 pm

i cant afford to do sh!t either really mate, only got the wheels on the hope that mebbssold which they have.... household bills gas electric etc are nearly double what they were last year so i did what i could in a week when i had some cash... thats why its stayin as it is.... i think most of the uk is mucho skinto at the moment unless you have £50k jobs etc.....

i earned £24k last year top line which wasnt enough tbh... would like a £35k basic job really so am on the hunt.... didnt go to college for year and on courses to earn a not so good wage....
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 12:19 pm

tell me about it i got 26 hours in last week which has been about the average laid people off as well so trying not to spend in case worse happens
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm

oh yeah to earn £24k top line i had to give up nearly two weeks hol at xmas and when the factory shut) and the same at may shut down last year.. it sucks really.. im a fully qualified motor mechanic (but there even shitter wages) , im a maintenance engineer where i am now and have nvq's in welding and fabrication which i did before i started at roses/minebea..am a nats willy off being a qualified electrician too as do 3 phase instalalations etc at work now plus the course they sent me on...

think i might pay for the 17th edition course me self to get that qualification then go self employed as a sparky tbh.. if i stay where i am much longer ill end up in the nick cause ill have killed a few people..

lol

sorry for the work rant... just need to vent steam... lol
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 12:25 pm

sh*t wayne hope it dont get messy.. you still at minster?? im sure if the sh*t hit the fan olly could sort you out at hallmark??
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 1:02 pm

yeah still there if it does go wrong i suppose i got 16 years redundancy to get lol but fingers crossed work will pick up,
the main thing that has pissed me off is missing away trips stuff like that got a private job next weekend that will be better
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 1:23 pm

barrow jobs are always a bonus dude.. chin up the money will roll in at some point dude
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 1:58 pm

I have got some properties i look after that need some maintenance n glazing on the plastic windows if ya want it Wayne? ya got me number aint ya? gimme a shout n i will take ya round, get a price off ya, will be pound notes too Wink
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 6:28 am

blimey,24k is alot of money for up here!! i was on 11k per year doing 50hrs a week at the special needs college i worked at til it wrecked my head! hope u get sorted wayne! could be worse,could be on incapacity like me!!lol!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
Jon
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 498

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 4:54 pm

Clean looking VR that, especially for the money.
Back to top Go down

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 1:24 pm

cheers jon, it does the job mate... will be going to bugjam in it so im not bothering to clean it any more till after that,,, lol...

me toyota supra turbo induction kit and silicone bend cost me £15
the powerflow stainless cost me £50
the springs cost me £39
wheels cost me £120
deep chin cost me £12
towbar cost me naf all as i modded me a3 one at work..

but i sold my old skinny chin for £6
and me wheels for £100
and me air box for £6 so i made a bit back... still got standard springs available and the old exhaust had to be cut off as was original fit one...

so i havent spent much... considering i wasnt bothered about vw's anymore!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daily Hack.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Hack....   Daily Hack.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Hack....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next