VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dubway
woldskool crew
dubway

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-15

NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. Empty
PostSubject: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 am

Just a quick idea of that tools i will need? as im going to pick up a set tonight and i need to help remove it Sad

I know i will need a allen key, any idea on size, socket size and screw/ torx(star drives)
thanks
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:25 am

small star drives,phillips,flat head,8mm spanner i reckon,just to start!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
adi
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 am

front seats are mega easy mate. look under the front of the seat for a small 10mm nut and an allen key bolt, its really small. undo that, then pull the sliding lever and slide the seat ALL the way backwards, and it will just slide out, then pull the seat out. same for bothe fronts. i always remove my front seats when i hoover my car out as it exposes most of the carpet.

the back seats i'm not sure, but I'd have a socket set with extensions and an allen key set at the ready.

door cards involve prising off some panels, like the door handles, and there will be screws underneath.
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:39 am

in some mk3's the seats are even easier with a spring clip metal thingy which u just press together and push out! careful when u do the door cars the clips are fragile and u can break em really easily.back seats are a piece of cake if i remember correctly,they have some clips at the right and left,kinda like a hinge,push them with a screwdriver and the seats pop out,the center is bolted to car body,but again easy enuff,bottom parts are hinged aswell,so they can be pulled up,easy to get to,if ure doing the dash then as adi said,get ya sockets out!
Back to top Go down
adi
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:37 am

yea my bad, mk3s have a push in clip thingy, my vento does.

its mk2s that have the little bolt instead
Back to top Go down
danny
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 am

yer littel clip front seats pal. 5 min job
Back to top Go down
adi
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:00 pm

i couldnt get my little clips back in though! its ok though unless you have mega long legs and slide it too far back!
Back to top Go down
dubway
woldskool crew
dubway

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks guys they wre just clips quite easy once i found it Smile i hope to get them in tomorrow Smile finaly some leather Wink
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:46 am

ooooo kinky! the lots easy mate,should be done in no time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.   NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal. Empty

Back to top Go down

NOOB QUESTION mk3 interior removal.
Page 1 of 1