VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VAG COM question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
adi
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2007-11-04

VAG COM question Empty
PostSubject: VAG COM question   VAG COM question EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:54 pm

OK I'm a newbie when it comes to the vag com stuff, as I've never needed it and not really read up on it, so I have a few questions...

What is the difference between OBD 1 and 2? What cars used which?
Can I download the software to my computer, then just buy a lead?
What would I need to plug it into my 1995 skoda felicia?
Does it only read fault codes or can you reset service lights, turn off airbag lights etc.?
Can you re-map ECU's with it?
Back to top Go down
swainymk2
woldskool crew
swainymk2

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2007-12-30

VAG COM question Empty
PostSubject: Re: VAG COM question   VAG COM question EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:00 am

Not sure on how you use it but i know you need to buy the software which is around 200 quid aswell as a lead, i looked at getting it for the golf and bora but theres a bloke up the road who charges 20 quid for a scan or i can get me old dears bloke to do it.
If its just fault codes you need clearing you can get a little device off ebay that will clear codes which is only about 40quid.
Wouldnt recommend using vag com if you dont no what your doin will knacker important stuff up if you click wrong buttons.
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

VAG COM question Empty
PostSubject: Re: VAG COM question   VAG COM question EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:30 pm

I theory you can't break ought with it. Its only a fault code/live data reader and willl reset lights and delete fault codes. You cannot re-map shiz with it. OBD2 is stock on any euro market car post 2000. OBD1 is pretty early and I never really got involved with it.I'm guessing a 95 Felicia with use oldskool 2pinx2pin VAG diagnostic socket hich you can buy the lead for it to work with vagcom. OBD2 is nearly always 16 pin socket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VAG COM question Empty
PostSubject: Re: VAG COM question   VAG COM question Empty

Back to top Go down

VAG COM question
Page 1 of 1