VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anyone fancy earning some cash!!! electrical problem!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
carl_hendy827
fresh meat!

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-05-17

anyone fancy earning some cash!!! electrical problem!! Empty
PostSubject: anyone fancy earning some cash!!! electrical problem!!   anyone fancy earning some cash!!! electrical problem!! EmptySun May 17, 2009 10:06 am

i have brought a gti cab mk1 it has just failed the mot on having no dipped beam??? i have side lights and flash high beam but no diped beam and also my wipers are playing up when i flash the headlights the wipers come on!!! i have been told this is a fuse box problem??? can any one fit a new one for me or even come have a look tell me what the problem is if its not the fuse box i have tried a new switch but still nothing!!! rather give someone some beers tokens than take it to a garage!!!

Im in coningsby!!

cheers guys carl
Back to top Go down
kniterider
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-05-13

anyone fancy earning some cash!!! electrical problem!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone fancy earning some cash!!! electrical problem!!   anyone fancy earning some cash!!! electrical problem!! EmptySun May 17, 2009 11:16 am

mk1 cabbys , caddys and golfs all suffer with similar probs due to water getting in the fuse box and making things happen all over the shop or not work at all....

not sure on getting a new fuse box as i dont have much to do with mk1's but you could try removing the old one (take pics and write notes olf what goes where etc...), then strip clean and emery all exposed connections and tracks etc then cover in wd40 and re assemble and see if that works for a low cost fix...
Back to top Go down

anyone fancy earning some cash!!! electrical problem!!
Page 1 of 1