VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Polo GTi's in Lincoln?

Go down 
+4
StarsKEY
tom
bonezbusta
VWStan
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VWStan
fresh meat!

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Polo GTi's in Lincoln? Empty
PostSubject: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi, just found this site out of Golf+ mag. I live in Lincoln and see a few 6N2 Gti's about and a couple of Lupo's too are they on here?
Is there any meets around here?
Cheers Stan
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:26 pm

hello and welcome to the wold! there were a few polos floating about but not sure now if they been sold or not!? plenty of local dubbers tho and meets here there n everywhere!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
VWStan
fresh meat!

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Whats on next and were? I had various VAG's and never got out to meets in them!
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:32 pm

lol story of life for dubbers lol,theres usually a meet at the pride of lincoln once a month,then our local one which is up in the air atm due to venue issues,then one at ultimate car care,not sure when off the top of my head!?
Back to top Go down
VWStan
fresh meat!

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:36 pm

Ace, when each month does that happen? Is it put up on this forum when stuff is on?
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:38 pm

yes mate usually in shows n meets section!
Back to top Go down
VWStan
fresh meat!

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Cheers mate I'll get on and get out!
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
VWStan
fresh meat!

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:19 pm

tom wrote:
Welcome

Cheers mate any polo meets then?
Back to top Go down
StarsKEY
fresh meat!

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Just out of interest, how many go to the local meets and why is venue an issue?
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Number of posts : 2300
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:26 pm

StarsKEY wrote:
Just out of interest, how many go to the local meets and why is venue an issue?

we used to have a venue which had bar everything but sadly owner suddenly past away so was closed down therefore no one could get refreshments as for venue being a pain mainly due to lincs area being so large makes it tricky to keep everyone happy
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:27 pm

VWStan wrote:
tom wrote:
Welcome

Cheers mate any polo meets then?

The only polo meet I have is the one with my mk1 in the garage every week. Other than than I don't really know.
Back to top Go down
lupolu
woldskool crew
lupolu

Number of posts : 3009

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:53 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
VWStan
fresh meat!

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:51 am

lupolu wrote:
welcome

Cheers,
Do you know the silver lupo GTi with the red roof that is around Lincoln? Its decked on 5 stud porsch wheels and stretched rubber.
Back to top Go down
cotney05
woldskool crew
cotney05

Number of posts : 2050
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:11 pm

thats the postman cant think of his name
Back to top Go down
http://cotney_05@hotmail.com
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:12 pm

andypk
Back to top Go down
slimg60
woldskool crew
slimg60

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:38 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
VWStan
fresh meat!

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:17 pm

I've heard on the grape vine that its turbo'd too?
Back to top Go down
slimg60
woldskool crew
slimg60

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Andy's lupo? It's supercharged using an Eaton. sounds like it has a scalled cat wedged under the bonnet but goes like stink
Back to top Go down
VWStan
fresh meat!

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:19 pm

slimg60 wrote:
Andy's lupo? It's supercharged using an Eaton. sounds like it has a scalled cat wedged under the bonnet but goes like stink

WOW I want 1!
Back to top Go down
lupolu
woldskool crew
lupolu

Number of posts : 3009

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:59 am

Yeh thats Andy. want to charge mine too the noise sounds ace. probably wont do it tho. booo.
Back to top Go down
slimg60
woldskool crew
slimg60

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 10:59 am

My G60 charger will be for sale soon Lu if you think that will fit?
Wink
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Best bet on a loop gti is an Eaton M45 off a BMW Mini, a rotrex or go turbo with something like a T25 size. A G60 charger might be a little large to fit in there! Biggest prob is packaging it properly in the loop's tiny bonnet and then building the engine properly to withstand the boost. Fully forged internals FTW! Or just 1.8T one!

Not keen on the way the bonnet slams cut on andyp's, looks a little unfinished but that said I'd love to know how much boost its pushing, whats been done to the motor to cope and how much bhp/torque it churns out now!

My bro's just got most the gear to put a Jackson Racing charger on his Civic, which is similar to a BMW Mini Eaton M45 charger. Its a 1.6 16v and will push about 200 to 220 bhp when done, would/should be a similar outcome on the loop gti!

Last edited by tom on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VWStan
fresh meat!

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:44 pm

slimg60 wrote:

I saw Andy's Lupo yesterday and it looks like his drivers side has took a mighty hit from something. His petrol flap was off and the door looks bent at a glance. Does anyone know whats happened?
Back to top Go down
slimg60
woldskool crew
slimg60

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:42 am

VWStan wrote:
slimg60 wrote:

I saw Andy's Lupo yesterday and it looks like his drivers side has took a mighty hit from something. His petrol flap was off and the door looks bent at a glance. Does anyone know whats happened?

Yer, his car was parked up in Bracebridge and when he went out to it in the morning some arse had smashed into it and done a runner, should be getting fixed on the insurance though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polo GTi's in Lincoln?   Polo GTi's in Lincoln? Empty

Back to top Go down

Polo GTi's in Lincoln?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next