VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mk2 golf head unit wiring

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
adi
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2007-11-04

mk2 golf head unit wiring Empty
PostSubject: mk2 golf head unit wiring   mk2 golf head unit wiring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:13 am

After the scumbags stole my HU, I'm gonna put the mk4 golf unit in, but all the wires are ripped to sh*t. So I need a wiring diagram or a list of what wires are what so I can re-wire the lot. Can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf head unit wiring   mk2 golf head unit wiring EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Do you mean the standard head unit from the mk4 golf Adi?....
I have got one of them in my shed, so could get some pics of the wiring put up for ya tomoro night...
Back to top Go down
adi
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf head unit wiring   mk2 golf head unit wiring EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:00 am

Yea but that takes iso so that side isnt a problem, i have a labelled universal plug for that side. Its the cars wiring that i need to label and connect. I found a good pdf on google listing what wires are what. If its right il post it up, might be a useful sticky post. Not uncommon for mk2s to have butchered hu wires
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf head unit wiring   mk2 golf head unit wiring EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Haynes manual???
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf head unit wiring   mk2 golf head unit wiring EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:42 am

i got one years ago off the net. I would advise running fresh power/earth leads to the battery/fusebox as it helps to stop them overheating in this weather!!!

the other way is to simply get the power to it and then connect the speakers up and play with l/r and the fade to show which speaker you have where!!!

Jon.
Back to top Go down
adi
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf head unit wiring   mk2 golf head unit wiring EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:21 am

Thats exactly what i normally do with the speaker cables. Ive only got my f/r left speakers workin so far cuz the rest must have been pulled right out. Gona have to run new cables when i get chance
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf head unit wiring   mk2 golf head unit wiring EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:13 am

Probly best running new cables anyway.. get some decent cable though if ya gonna do it properly.. And like Jon said above.. on my previous mk1's and 2's i ran all new cabling to handle the ice i had installed.. Have done the same in me T4, just to run speakers in the back for now, as i aint had time o sort subs n amps out yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf head unit wiring   mk2 golf head unit wiring Empty

Back to top Go down

mk2 golf head unit wiring
Page 1 of 1