VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hows about an evening meet in skeg?

Go down 
+13
petie
callum33
kimmy
JaMiE
kniterider
bridgedubber
wayneyb
lupolu
tomstanforster
jackovw
pete
smiggy
Crowson_punk
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Hows about an evening meet in skeg? Empty
PostSubject: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Seeing as the evenings are long and the weathers usually semi presentable, hows about an evening meet at seafront carpark at skeg?

I know tom, Jamie, Caz etc will all be up for it, and I'm sure cotney will moan it's too far (joking dude, before you say anything! you see it was my rogue sixth and twelfth fingers that made me type that...) But i recon it'd be a cool chance to meet up and have a natter and get some sunset backdrop pics of the cars?

always good to cruise the strip with a shitload of dubs too!

So I'm opening the discussion on days and times etc!

We need to start meeting. End of.

Jon.
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:44 pm

I would be up for a meet, but if it is just gonna be people meeting up n smoking sh*t then i am out.. That is what spoilt the weekender for me, and i will never take my daughter to a meet again. Would make for some good pics though...

I am gonna try n get over to the Cleethorpes meet next time as there is usually a good turn out and it is a good setting..
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:28 am

Just the same as the meet used to be. Turn up for a matter and the company. If people want to smoke stuff they can do it in their cars.

Be a good chance to get a few clubs together for a chinwag!

JOn.
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:22 am

am all up for that then dude.... Nice to see another unsupported thread... come on people..
Back to top Go down
pete
woldskool crew
pete

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:49 pm

yeah im defo up for that as it would be nice to meet some of ya
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:39 pm

I'd be up for that - not too fussed on what day of the week, just need to make sure I got enough fuel in the car.......
Back to top Go down
tomstanforster
Gettin' wold'er!

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:19 pm

its a long way for me but maybe up for a ride out if the wheathers nice
Back to top Go down
lupolu
woldskool crew
lupolu

Number of posts : 3009
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 am

we will always welcome ideas so good on you crowson
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Number of posts : 2300
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:56 pm

i could have a bike up on me new old bmx lol
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:30 am

Maybe do summat a bit more central to the whole of the wold then Jon?... only one person from skeg replied to the thread and he has only got a kids bmx, lol...
Seriously though, thought ya might have got a bit more support on the back of skegvegas dude!!!
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber
VWWold'skooler!
bridgedubber

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:28 am

id come along depending on day/time/work.

is Boston more central?
Back to top Go down
lupolu
woldskool crew
lupolu

Number of posts : 3009
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 am

no lol
Back to top Go down
kniterider
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:07 pm

good luck with that! if im passing i might pop for 5 mins, but guess im getting old really, have no interest in going to a carpark to look at probably a couple of good ones and then a load of stuff that i wouldnt be seen dead in..., plus all the skin tight jean and plimsole clad people smoking weed thinking that there 'cool' cause there doing so... tbh the last wold meet i popped upto years ago at the haywain had a load of people jumping up and down on the back of someones jetta trying to make it look lower and they way they were all getting excited about it was just fcuking sad.......

kinda killed it for me and have never been interested since...

Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:15 am

bridgedubber wrote:
id come along depending on day/time/work.

is Boston more central?

yes and no. plus the views in boston are generally crap!!!!

Gaz, I see the point, and as i was involved in the "lowering" of Jim's jetta I do know the incident you speak of.

From this point on, and i'm not being funny, but if you aren't interested then to be blunt none of us need to know why. those who want to come will come and thats the end of it. This thread is to garner interest, not say why meets are crap.

Is there a day that anyone would prefer?

Jon.
Back to top Go down
JaMiE
woldskool crew
JaMiE

Number of posts : 840

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:48 am

any nights good for me its not a big distance to travel lol,
ya im sure that when i owned the jetta lol, but the thing is people grow up, me and alot of the guys know alot more than we did back then, the people that were stood on the jetta who i can remember were me, tom, jon, ash my bro, and chimp, and im pritty u sure u would never see any of us wearing plimsole's and skinny jeans, granted we smoke pot but to me its personal choice, and smigg im sorry to hear bout people smoking it round your daughter, i personaly would never do that and im sure most the people i know wouldn't, but i know what you both mean there are a few tw@ts that just buy a standard mk4 golf and go to shows and get smashed,

but in all fairness whats wrong with having a laff in a car park with a few like minded people looking at some dubs and having a chat ?
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:04 am

A few of us from Boston should be up for some sort of meet. Always good to have a chat to some fellow dubbers.

Kimmy
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:43 am

Jamie it was still jim's then as I came up with him lol

Right, so how's about 1st Thursday of The month at sea front carpark? I'm gonna try and get a couple of boards as there are a couple of cars I know that won't get in coz've the speedbumps lol.

So that would be Thursday the 7th e.I a week on Thursday?

About 7pm good for people?

Jon.
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Number of posts : 2300

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:04 pm

smiggy wrote:
Maybe do summat a bit more central to the whole of the wold then Jon?... only one person from skeg replied to the thread and he has only got a kids bmx, lol...
Seriously though, thought ya might have got a bit more support on the back of skegvegas dude!!!

wont come to any then blaaaah
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:21 pm

i have already got ya a vwwold sticker for ya Goose though mate...lol
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Dont think I can make next Thursday but will be there at the next one for sure
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:15 am

Come on guys! I know more of you than that can manage to come. So far there's some from bomber county and a few from other sites so let's have a few more from here! Lol

Jon.
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:06 pm

Yeah, should be okay but might struggle for 7 as don't finish work in Lincoln til 5-30 (if we finish on time!!) - and which car park??? Clock Tower end??
Back to top Go down
Crowson_punk
woldskool crew

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:29 pm

yup clock tower car park dude! we'll be there till 9ish at the earliest so should be cool!

Jon.
Back to top Go down
callum33
VWWold'skooler!
callum33

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:35 pm

finally getting rado back by thursday but cant make it as picking up a mk3 cab for the missus typical!
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Couldn't do a thursday night up Skeg, it'd have to be a weekend job for me I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hows about an evening meet in skeg?   Hows about an evening meet in skeg? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hows about an evening meet in skeg?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VwWold :: Shows/Meets-
Jump to: