VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

golf headlights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jetta88
woldskool crew
jetta88

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-02-14

golf headlights Empty
PostSubject: golf headlights   golf headlights EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:12 pm

mk2 gti lights are playing up drivers side ok but passengers go out on main beam where is the earth for the lights? doing my head in! =-
Back to top Go down
samdub
VWWold'skooler!
samdub

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-05-10

golf headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf headlights   golf headlights EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Does the dip beam extinguish on the drivers side when you switch to main? Trying to remember what mine do, pretty sure that's the case as when you hold the stalk balk during changeover it gets even brighter?! I think then the filament on the passenger side has failed?

might help dude
Back to top Go down
adi
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 1795
Registration date : 2007-11-04

golf headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf headlights   golf headlights EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am

I always wondered why mk2s did that when you pull the lever back to change to dip beam and both filaments light up doing the change
Back to top Go down
samdub
VWWold'skooler!
samdub

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-05-10

golf headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf headlights   golf headlights EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 am

Jackpot then! any updates dude?
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-08-07

golf headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf headlights   golf headlights EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:49 am

Sounds like main beam filament knackered - the reason dip beam goes out when you switch to main beam on H4 bulbs is cos otherwise the gas inside gets too hot and they don't last very long......
Back to top Go down
jetta88
woldskool crew
jetta88

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-02-14

golf headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf headlights   golf headlights EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:19 pm

have tried fresh bulbs, sidelights on both, dip beam passenger bright drivers dim, main beam passengers bright as h light and spot but drivers side goes out where is the earth for the lights?
HELP
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-08-07

golf headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf headlights   golf headlights EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Hmmmm - Mr Haynes manual says.......in headlight wiring loom. Sorry, thought I might find a useful answer in there!! Although it does show separate earths for drivers side and passenger side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

golf headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf headlights   golf headlights Empty

Back to top Go down

golf headlights
Page 1 of 1