VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jackos Pissrat Syncro

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Jackos Pissrat Syncro Empty
PostSubject: Jackos Pissrat Syncro   Jackos Pissrat Syncro EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 am

Okay, the A4 quattro died, ran a Vectra diesel for a bit ( Sleep ) but now back in a Dub!

1998/99 Passat syncro saloon with the Audi 2.8 V6 30 valve and the quattro drivetrain.
Bought it cheap off ebay from Hemingby - then found out why! The passenger footwell was like a swimming pool and the (in)convenience unit that lives under the passenger carpet was slightly moist (and broken) and only the passenger door latch/lock worked properly! On the plus side, it has MOT to November 2013, some history, the handbook and 2 or 3 owners from new.
Got another unit off ebay (£9!!!) and that sorted the windows, interior lights and alarm. Bought a new door latch from TPS (£120 affraid ) which has sorted the drivers door. Need to look at the back doors as the passenger side closes when it feels like it and the drivers side won't open (but locks and unlocks so shouldn't be too bad).
Changed the wiper linkage and motor for the one off the A4 cos the wipers didn't work and have now done about 500 miles in it.
Also put the K&N panel filter in from the A4 (along with the 'modified' airbox).
Got a list off jobs that need doing (some sooner than later)
1 - service it
2 - cambelt (no record of it being done)
3 - water pump and thermostat (easy when doing the belt and should help it warm up - it only gets to 80 degrees if you sit at 85mph!)
4 - stereo install
5 - some lows
6 - rims
7 - swap all the uprated engine & gearbox mounts off the A4
8 - get some uprated diff mounts (the Passat is A6 rear suspension and diff so its different to the A4)
9 - exhaust (different to the A4 as well, its got a box each side at the back and its too quiet!)

It drives really nice, goes like hell and is comfy and quiet. But at the moment I'm only getting 25mpg which I hope will improve when I can get it to run at the right temperatures!
Will stick some pics up later - I've lost the lead to plug my phone in!
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos Pissrat Syncro   Jackos Pissrat Syncro EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 3:26 am

Okay, found the lead so here's a couple of pics of the Passat.

Jackos Pissrat Syncro Photo012

Jackos Pissrat Syncro Photo013

Back to top Go down
andypandy
woldskool crew
andypandy

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Jackos Pissrat Syncro   Jackos Pissrat Syncro EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:18 pm

nice!!! and i be you picked it up for beer money too lol some how iv been landed with a vecci nice motor would love another dub though Sad keep the pics coming mate somones got to keep us entertained lol
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Jackos Pissrat Syncro   Jackos Pissrat Syncro EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Clean looking motor that Jacko..
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos Pissrat Syncro   Jackos Pissrat Syncro EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Yeah smig, it is pretty good, just a few stone chips on the front of the bonnet and a couple of minor marks in the paint elsewhere.

Spent Saturday afternoon and half of Sunday doing cambelt, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, oil, filter and brakes on the ramp at work so now it warms up properly and stops (the front brakes were only working on half of the inside of both discs)!!
Not really been far enough yet to see if its any better on fuel........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jackos Pissrat Syncro   Jackos Pissrat Syncro Empty

Back to top Go down

Jackos Pissrat Syncro
Page 1 of 1