VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My winter project

Go down 
+5
Dubloon
BEESE
bonezbusta
paulshears
falconer1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
falconer1
woldskool crew
falconer1

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-06

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: My winter project   My winter project EmptySun Nov 18, 2007 2:49 pm

Just picked this 1989 golf gti cab up from wales. Brought as a MOT failure for £400. For MOT the lights had to be rewired , fitted twin horns as wasnt none on it, Temp gauge & heater fan wasnt working. now we have all the electrs operating & simple repairs. Next was the engine 94,000 miles on clock it was in need of a good service plugs , leads, dizzy cap etc now she purrs lovely. The bodywork is in excellant condition just odd scratch ere & there. Interior is currently getting a refit except rear seats & door cards. Wheels are getting ordered tmrw 15" ronal turbos & 40mm lower. Miltek full system to follow. Without the bling bits i got a car for £700 inc buying it . future mods are single light grille conversion & cross hairs & off course the Ice.
My winter project DSCF0003-3
Back to top Go down
falconer1
woldskool crew
falconer1

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: winter project   My winter project EmptySun Nov 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Post some pics tmrw in daylight.

[My winter project DSCF0004_edited
Back to top Go down
paulshears
VWWold'skooler!
paulshears

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-10

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptySun Nov 18, 2007 4:36 pm

white cab's are really cool

sounds like you got a bargin fella
Wink
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 12:40 am

lookin good mate,look forward to seeing this!Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
BEESE
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
BEESE

Number of posts : 1678
Registration date : 2007-08-05

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 12:07 pm

was a white one goin round boston with turbo rims, looked the titz, go 4 it.
hope your not pushin the corrado to the side too much tho! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dubloon
woldskool crew
Dubloon

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-08-11

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:00 pm

Its crap Mick, wont last another 1000 miles and coz you're a GOOD mate I'll take it off your hands for £500 cash Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
falconer1
woldskool crew
falconer1

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: project cab   My winter project EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 2:32 pm

Thanks for comments guys, No mate the corrado is NO1 car for me. But apart from new wheels & coilovers to fit leaving raddo alone. The Cab will no doubt be up for sale come spring to make way for Golf VR6 or raddo G60. I love those wheels you fitted to your raddo . Very Nice mate

. [img]My winter project DSCF0001-1
My winter project Golfconvertible_edited
My winter project Golf
Shaun you know you want cab for the missus, but stick a one on your price you mentioned Laughing
Back to top Go down
falconer1
woldskool crew
falconer1

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:21 pm

At Last got car on the road . few minor mods to carry out de badged grill & cross hairs to fit . Gone 40mm lower o suspension & 15" wheels. Mods for this winter are uprated brakes & 2.0ltr 16v engine My winter project 10072008032
My winter project 10072008031
Back to top Go down
BEESE
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
BEESE

Number of posts : 1678

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 3:00 pm

really like it.
Back to top Go down
falconer1
woldskool crew
falconer1

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 3:24 pm

Great car to drive but compared to the corrado thats 2 yrs later than cab. The corrado feels far more advanced at handling brakes etc.
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Nice one matey looks good!
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:00 am

Looks sweet that mate, i love the white ones.
Dont spose it was from an old boy with a load of motors in an old workshop in Wales, was it? Probly be a silver karmann cab beetle there?
Back to top Go down
falconer1
woldskool crew
falconer1

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 12:36 pm

Was from wales but a young lad owned it, Told me had full mot but when he went to find the documents suprise he couldnt find MOT. His gran told me she gave him dosh for mot work. But to cut story short I agreed to pay £400 & another £300 on getting the certificate. Never got the MOT certificate . Think he just pocketed his grans money. His loss my Gain.
Back to top Go down
Dubloon
woldskool crew
Dubloon

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2007-08-11

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Looking good mate, we'll have to go a cruisin soon dance
Back to top Go down
lee_gti_mk2
Gettin' wold'er!

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-07-02

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:41 pm

falconer1 wrote:
Was from wales but a young lad owned it, Told me had full mot but when he went to find the documents suprise he couldnt find MOT. His gran told me she gave him dosh for mot work. But to cut story short I agreed to pay £400 & another £300 on getting the certificate. Never got the MOT certificate . Think he just pocketed his grans money. His loss my Gain.

very nice car by the way Smile cheers
just realised that you are from near brigg, grew up there, currently at lincoln...
Would like to meet you all soon prob will be end of september as away in the desert till then , and then the dreaded MOT when i get back...
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:46 am

are those rims like the ones danny/briggs-e had on the mk3? lookin good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
danny
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 933

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:57 am

i was thinking that look a tad differnt thow nice project that mate im liking it
Back to top Go down

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 1:12 pm

lookin good mick!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My winter project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My winter project   My winter project Empty

Back to top Go down

My winter project
Page 1 of 1