VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mk2 golf GTI throttle cable

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wobeye
fresh meat!

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-01-03

mk2 golf GTI throttle cable Empty
PostSubject: mk2 golf GTI throttle cable   mk2 golf GTI throttle cable EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 am

on our way back from donny the other night The end of the cable at the pedal end came off. It went back on ok but it keeps coming off! Am not sure if a piece is missing! the hooked end goes through a rubber grommet type thing which fits in turn through a circular hole on the pedal mechanism. There is no cap or anything to keep the cable in this grommet and that is the problem! anyone who might have an idea as to why this keeps happening please share
Any help would be appreciated?
Back to top Go down
Briggs-e
woldskool crew
Briggs-e

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf GTI throttle cable   mk2 golf GTI throttle cable EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:51 am

Mine did this mate! I just bent the hook on the end of the cable so it wouldnt come out! and it was ok after that.. there isnt any bits missing
Back to top Go down
wobeye
fresh meat!

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf GTI throttle cable   mk2 golf GTI throttle cable EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 2:34 pm

nice one cheers m8 had to replace the grommit on mine as it was completely mashed and kept pushing the cable back out as you let the throttle off but sorted non the less now cheers
Back to top Go down
tom
woldskool crew
tom

Number of posts : 2884
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf GTI throttle cable   mk2 golf GTI throttle cable EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 4:15 pm

My carbed CL did that, I found there was no slack in the cable so it was getting full throttle before the pedal was near the floor. A quick adjustment and it was sorted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mk2 golf GTI throttle cable   mk2 golf GTI throttle cable Empty

Back to top Go down

mk2 golf GTI throttle cable
Page 1 of 1