VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD

Go down 
+5
tom
wazzer
Ady
adi
jackovw
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:28 pm

nice looking motor mate,u liking it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 pm

BiG ROSS wrote:
nice looking motor mate,u liking it?

Yeah, don't look bad for what I paid for it and how long its been stood.
Seems nice to drive, but not been far. Bloody good fun on snow and makes a hell of a noise affraid especially as it only has a bodged up exhaust with no boxes after the cats up to a Scorpion back box Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:41 am

lol bet it roars!!! id like to get mine breathing a bit more freely but funds are slim atm,bloody christmas!! i love mine,such a nice place to be when driving!
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 1:47 am

Had a bit of a busy week this week....

On Tuesday morning (on my way to work) the 3-door GTi decided to poo itself - engine is now fubar. Something to do with not enough anti-freeze in it for -17 degrees!!
So the Audi was defrosted (that had frozen its coolant as well!) and put in for MOT on Wednesday. And it failed on 3 things!! Wiper blades, front brake hose twisted ( Question ) and broken rear spring (which I was hoping they'd miss!).
Got a new spring from Audi (it's on sports suspension so none of the parts places can get the right springs) and some new wiper blades, sorted the brake hose and put it back in on Thursday. Got it taxed and am now using it. cheers

Still got a load of jobs to do
Needs a clean and valet
Service it (plugs, oil and filter)
Sort the stereo out - huge boot so the sub is going in
Needs tracking checking
AC gas checking before summer

It could do with a set of rims on it - 16s look tiny!!
Towbar for towing mates rally car

Then maybe drop it a bit, a proper exhaust and filter.....
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:40 pm

u gonna keep this?? just wondered coz if u break it can i have first dibs on the door rubbers from bottom of doors,i urgently need the tiny piece of trim near end of sill on rear passenger arch!!
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 pm

BiG ROSS wrote:
u gonna keep this?? just wondered coz if u break it can i have first dibs on the door rubbers from bottom of doors,i urgently need the tiny piece of trim near end of sill on rear passenger arch!!

Sorry bud, this ones a keeper - for now anyway Laughing
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:16 am

lol no probs,just remember me when u change ur mind Wink lol!
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:59 am

Quick update on this.....

Still nothing gone wrong - keep having to put fuel in it.

Actually washed it last weekend but forgot to take photos, but its now dirty again!!

Am using it as a course car on a road rally next Saturday night so have spent today fitting extra interior lights for map reading and mudflaps. Got a set of 16 inch gravel rally tyres to go on this week and got to find time to fit a sumpguard (don't want to rip the sump out of it or the oil filter off!).
Will get some pics up before and after (and hopefully might be able to get some during ones as well!).
Back to top Go down
smiggy
Original Woldskool Crew
Original Woldskool Crew
smiggy

Number of posts : 2384
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:16 pm

look forward to the pics mate.... where is this rally?
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:58 pm

smiggy wrote:
look forward to the pics mate.... where is this rally?

Starts at the sports club at Louth at midnight, does about 160 miles around the Wolds with a few blasts on a couple of old airfields and finishes at Langworth about 6-30 Sunday morning.
As its a road rally, its timed at 30 mph average speed on the public highway. I'm running as the course closing car so probably end up dragging an odd one or two out of the scenery!!
Back to top Go down
Ady
The Management
Ady

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:00 pm

that sounds quality jacko..
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:06 pm

I borrowed my mates Astra GTE 16v last year and finished 10th (out of 40) - should've been higher but I backed off on the last few sections as I didn't want to break the car.
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Before and after pics from last weekend......

Before - outside work last Saturday afternoon after a wash off
Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 Photo0030

After - taken Sunday afternoon once I'd got out of bed!!
Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 Photo0031
Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 Photo0035

Its now clean again - on top anyway, the underneath is still caked with mud & pig/cow/sheep sh*t....
Have found 1 pic of during as well - taken on Wickenby airfield and yes, I am on the handbrake round a very tight hairpin (had to shunt to get round it 1st time!)
http://www.mandh-photography.co.uk/events/bruce11/bruce11-232.htm
Back to top Go down
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:58 am

lol quality mate,likin the action shot!!!
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Quick update:

Not really done much to this for ages except put fuel in it!!
Noticed a couple of weeks ago that it was leaving little puddles under the front so spent today doing radiator, water pump, thermostat & cam belt.
Should be good for a few more miles now!!
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Another belated update.......

Did nothing except put fuel in it and abuse it (several grass Autotests and a couple of navigational night rallies) until October when the clutch stuck one morning so it spent 6 weeks nearly with the gearbox out while I saved up enough for a new clutch, some uprated gearbox, prop and diff mounts and 1 downpipe & cat.
Got it sorted middle of December and stuck it in for MOT. It failed - needed a number plate light bulb Laughing
Since then its been fine, awesome in the snow the other week!!
Now got some uprated engine mounts and another diff mount (I couldn't afford all 3 diff mounts in November!) on their way from the US of A. Can't get bugger all in the way of uprated bits in the UK or Europe, shed loads in US - great website for Audi bits is www.034motorsport.com and the dollar to pound isn't too bad at the moment (its been better!)
Back to top Go down
jackovw
woldskool crew
jackovw

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:45 am

Another update

The A4 is now dead Crying or Very sad

One of the head gaskets went about 6 months ago so its now sat outside work waiting for me to strip all the good bits off it and scrap the rest.
Its not done bad, showing 245000 miles or something and been on borrowed time since I saved it from a scrapyard 2 and a bit years ago, then had to defrost the cooling system when I blew the Mk3 Golf GTi up when it was -20degrees 2 years ago!
If anyone wants any bits, give me a shout.

I replaced this with a cheap (very, it had to be) smoker for a few months - a 1999 Opel Vectra CDX 2.0 DTi (Irish market hence Opel not Vauxhall) with all the electric toys (cruise, climate, heated black leather, xenons etc) but dull as ditchwater to drive. Thats now gone and am back with VAG - 1998 Passat syncro (2.8V6 30valve and 4wd) which is basically an A4 quattro in a VW dress!
Back to top Go down
andypandy
woldskool crew
andypandy

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 pm

oh no shame to hear about the audi dude!! but cant wait to see the new one lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD   Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jackos A4 Quattro - DEAD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2