VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kimmys Vento

Go down 
+7
smiggy
bridgedubber
cotney05
bonezbusta
wazzer
opel
kimmy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bonezbusta
The Management
bonezbusta

Number of posts : 5944
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:52 pm

sweet seats mate, i had similar ones in my old rst's,classic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vwwold.co.uk
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Fitted black mirrors and black indicators/foglight blanks the other week. Still on the look out for some used coilovers to come up because I really aint got the cash for new ones right now but need to get it sitting how I want.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Front

Kimmy
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:10 pm

is that a celebratory beer on the floor?
Back to top Go down
wayneyb
woldskool crew
wayneyb

Number of posts : 2300
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:25 am

looks good mate would looks sweet with smooth bumpers and side trims and arch covers removed
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Haha no Danny thats a fook me its hot beer on the floor after putting the alternator back on.

Thanks Wayne I was thinking about smooth bumpers but kinda going for the Black and Red contrast with the trims.

Should be getting some Renault Clio turbine alloys for sorta winter wheels pretty soon hopefully.

Kimmy
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Hi all I have been playing around with my standard grille and painting badges.

Started off spraying the front badge all black.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture012

But then wasn't happy with how it looked so got a tin of flash red and some clear coat from the stealers and had a play.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture014

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture013

Think it looks alot better black and red.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture015

And rear badge put together.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture016

Then front badge fitted with standard grille.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture017

And rear badge back on.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture019

I'm really happy with how they are looking now
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:18 pm

Also to go on soon. A mate found this at the scrap yard and give em £20 for a 2.5 inch stainless steel exhaust system, the scrap man didn't know what it came off but its in really good condition.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture023

So I have been to see Matt at Stacks exhausts in Friskney and he's gonna make it fit the Vento for less than £100, it's gonna be straight through with no back box. I have just gotta figure out what tail pipe I want, wanna be a bit different without it looking boyracer/chavvy so anyone got any thought what would look cool?

I have ordered one of these splitters from poland to be a bit different

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture022

Cant wait to see what its gonna look like when fitted.

And should have some coilovers getting delivered to my work tommorrow Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Well happy look what I got today Very Happy Very Happy

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture025

got them cleaned up and greased ready to go on, they are in really good condition.

Got the fronts done and this is how slammed it looked when I had the back jacked up to fit the rears Smile

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture026

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture027

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture029

Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Picture028

Sorry bout the crap phone pictures and plus it was getting dark so i'll get some better pics when its sunny and nice n clean.

Still some tweeking to do with the coilovers and some more grinding of the arches but really happy with how it's starting to look now.

Let me know what you think, all comments welcome.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:00 pm

lookin good kimmy, u have been busy Laughing
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Thanks dude yeah have been busy. Got the coilovers fitted in 1 hour 15 min yesterday and pretty much set up how I want them first time. That's gotta be some sort of record lol. For me anyway haha.

Been doing some more grinding and painting to my rear arches today, just gotta glue on the front arch trims and then grind the fookers out. Can't wait to get that Passat front splitter though, it just about rips the vr6 one off reversing onto the drive.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:11 am

bloody hell that dint take ya long! yea cant wait to see what your splitter looks like fitted. when does it turn up?
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:25 am

I don't mess about dude lol. Think it's gonna be a couple of weeks before it's here. We'll see how the splitter likes the fields at Santa pod next weekend with three people and all the camping gear in for Vw action.

Just had my tracking and camber set up this morning so she now drives straight again. Handles like it's on rails :-)
Back to top Go down
opel
woldskool crew

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:00 pm

nice one kim looking smart mate
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:37 pm

hope its better weather for u at vw action! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Yeah I hope so too bud but if not its still gonna be a messy weekend that's for sure. I really wanna proper slam the vento on the deck after seeing the vento thread on edition 38 but my engine is close to the floor as it is, might have to raise the mounts a bit some how.
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Cheers Craig. You done anymore to your Rolf?
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Just dont boot it over main ridge bridge! Mine catches like a good'n over there if I'm not careful! Thought you looked lower down today! Don't make me start a low war with you!
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:23 pm

yay have a low war! im not playing tho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:25 pm

We need to sort out some sort of boston division meet tbh. If I decide to sell my mono's and stick it back on the standards I'll just slam it to the floor every time I go out for a 'display run'! And Dan I'm afraid you have no choice in joining in, you're on coilies aren't you?!
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:55 pm

nope standard set up on the R. may decide to slam it 1 day but i've heard rumours of it messing up the haldex system, not sure how true it is tho cos seen quite a few R's slammed.
im up for a meet aswell as long as i aint working
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Been looking round for a cool place to meet but I'm guessing there wouldn't be any more than 5 max that show up, although I've seen quite a few about! Saw quite a smart TT the other night, twin toned jobby, silver and black, looked really nice! You need to get your lows sorted, but I know what you mean, went to Belvoir castle for a fireworks show the other night and going across their fields was a nightmare, kept getting snarled up in the undergrowth!
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:29 pm

i bet! i keep seeing nice dubs in cinema car park, obviously watching a film like. saw a tidy mk1 golf tues night i think it was, then the night after saw a ratty polo. never seen them driving round town tho
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:35 pm

I've seen an orange mk1 and a red mk1 recently, seen a few tatty old coupe polos about, seen a nice dark blue 6n with gold rims a couple of times, saw a super loud mk3 golf gti the other day, swung round the roundabout after me and sat right up my arse(as if I didn't notice his presence from his huge exhaust note), then switched lanes and headed into town centre. anyway Kimmy, I wasn't a fan of the all red grille, but the black badge really stands out and I like it now!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Cheers mate. I would love a low war but really wanna keep the oil inside the engine and not all over the road haha.

I think you should keep the monos Pete the loop looks proper bad ass with em on!
I see a box of coilovers sat near the ramps at bushes when I was having the tracking done earlier and the lad said they came off a silver lupo, was they your old ones dude?

The 32 would look the tits slammed on it's ass though Danny, I have seen quite a few of them on the deck. Do it!!!!!!! :-)

I'd be up for some sort of meet if we can get some people to come, but where could we meet that's low dub friendly.

That's what I'm worried about at action next week ripping the grass up and getting clogged up lol.

Yeah I seen that TT going around n it's sounds sweet as fook! Also seen a few mk2's and a real nice black caddy van last week.
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Flipping eck, those grufty gits haven't cleared them away yet?! I'll have to give Dale a piece of my mind! Yeah they were mine buddy, I love the mono's but I have to clean and wipe them down all the time, took the wife to skeg the other day and it rained on the way down there and when I got to the car park I spent half hour just washing and cleaning them, people were parking up around me with my very bored mrs sat in the car and I was getting some right funny looks off people! Chaps my arse.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for a place, although a pub on the doorstep would be ideal. Have a think you lot if you can come up with owt. I went for a road test to check for a banging noise on a customers van yesterday and went down that turn off to the right just before you get to my work and followed the road around to near the tip and to my surprise over that hill the yard that seems to always be locked up was left wide open, so I went in there for a bit of a spin and thought 'oh my days this would make for an awesome photoshoot location', all abandoned with massive shelters just left totally available. I'm gonna keep popping down there to see how regularly it's left open and if anyone is in there I'll have a word and see whats going on with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kimmys Vento
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next