VwWold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VwWold

lincolnshire V.A.G enthusiast's

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kimmys Vento

Go down 
+7
smiggy
bridgedubber
cotney05
bonezbusta
wazzer
opel
kimmy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Yeah actually I've seen that orange mk1, the polo 6n with gold rims and that black mk3 with black rims n fookin loud exhaust, tried racing me the other day but the old diesel vento didn't stand a chance. Really need to get some bigger injectors fitted so I can use black smoke screen to push me along.

Yeah I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing with the red grille but with the black one fitted there was just too much black going on at the front! Think it looks better now
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:38 pm

I like the blackness! Yeah I think that lad may have a bit of an issue, think I may just stick a vw badge and some fancy wheels on a golf cart, drop it to the Tarmac and see if he tries to egg me on to race him in that!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Haha yeah I don't think my mrs would be too happy if I started cleaning my wheels when we went anywhere.

I did some major grinding work on the front arches yesterday morning for some extra clearance.

Yeah I know where you mean Pete I went for a ride down there after I did my arches but it was all locked up. Would be smart for a photo shoot though.

I have had to raise the old girl up 15mm because I already cracked my splitter twice and slightly dented the sump lol, wont be any good like that with a car full on long distance.
Plus it was starting to push my arch trims off that I have not long glued on.

May lower it a little bit more after Vw action and when i get the Passat splitter.
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Yeah, when I went passed the other day I slowed down for a good look and saw your splitter licking the gravel, I was like oooooh dear! Awww man I wish they just left it open, but can see why they dont, remember when the pikeys took over Pilgrims yard before they got it finished!? Was hoping for serious water canon action there!

Mine is fairly slipstreamed underneath, bent up the exhaust downpipe to keep it out the way, my mate hasn't bothered and his is slightly lower than mine and it's totally messed up!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Yeah she was low, I could do with some bigger wheels because with the 15's it don't look right, can't lower the car over them enough to fill the arches.

See on mine the subframe is the lowest part then engine is a little higher than that, I might even make a sump guard to go on for a little more protection.

Yeah I remember when they was all in that yard, didn't they leave a stolen caravan there when they left, kept asking us if we wanna buy generators and tools.

What colour is your mates lupo dude because I keep seeing a slammed red one going around town that looks nice?
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Does it have a chequered roof? I've seen it a couple of times, not whilst in the loop tho. Nah it's a white GTI, this one.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 6003480479_e470172814
lupo AGAAAIN / 7D by Be...n, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Not sure if it had cheq roof or not had black alloys n slammed.

That White one looks sweet as! What size rims are they? Is that one from Boston?
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:20 am

looks like your gonna have to raise the engine then kimmy Smile as for wheels, i wouldnt go any bigger than 16's on ya vento, what you reckon?
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:43 am

Might have to see about raising then engine some how becuase I really don't wanna loose the oil. Yeah I'm thinking a set of 16's would be just about right in the arches Danny.
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:12 am

Nah, he's from sleaford, used to have a fabia vrs, then we met, sorted out a photoshoot for my lupo as he's big into photography, he fell in love with my lupo, then about 3 weeks later text me and asked me to go look at one with him and he bought it! Not sure if I've seen that lupo then matey. Stick some d90s on it, not exactly original but they look smart and ain't bbs's!
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:22 am

ooh yea some d90's would look cool petie, or some staggered borbet A's but they've been done quite a bit.
that white lupo looks ace bounce

Last edited by dannyboy828 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:56 am

Looks better in photos than real life, but that's just me being bitchy! Haha!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:13 am

I was thinking bout some deep borbet A's but every man and his dog has done them before. I do really like the d-90's but it's having the cash to get them and the adapters for them to fit. May have to save up for some new rims for next summer if I still have the old girl by then.

We should all get together and see if your mate would do us all a photoshoot maybe.
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:58 am

When I went for a ride down to that compound on Saturday I had to take some pictures while I was there, would be rude not to!
Please excuse the car being filthy.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0252

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0247

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0253

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0250

Oh and look what I found on Ebay earlier while I was bored at work and at a good price too!
So I contacted the seller and snapped them up pretty fast.
They are in need of a refurb but no kerbing or dents in them, so I'm gonna get them sorted out ready for next summer Very Happy Very Happy
Will just need to sort out what spacers and tyres to go for Very Happy Very Happy

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0284

Sorry bout the crap pic but you all know what they are. Just got to arrange a courier to fetch them from Scotland for me Laughing

And my splitter turned up today, cant believe it come this soon. I'm gonna try and get it fitted before the weekend but quite a bit of modding needs doing to it first.
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Just been chilling out after a mad weekend at Vw action, the weather stayed nice until the Sunday morning.
There was some really nice cars there and got to see some good racing.

Just a couple of pics of mine from the weekend.

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0294

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0295

And sorry again for the shi*e phone pics.

This Vento was proper fast, think he was doing the 1/4mile in 11 seconds or something like that Shocked

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0336

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0338

Loving the cool box as the charge cooler

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0337

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0341

Will be checking my wheels out at work tomorrow to see what they like and can't wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:11 am

Nice one fella! How was vwaction? Might go next year, was put off going to e38 with all the vandalism and bits being nicked.
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:02 am

Yeah Vw action was a really good weekend mate everyones chilled out and good atmosphere. I'll be going every year from now on.

picked up my wheels from work earlier on

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0368

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0365

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0369

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0370

Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 IMG_0371

Fronts are 7J ET55
Rears are 8J ET52.3

I'm thinking bout 20mm spacers all round but going to have to do some research on this first.

wheels are straight with no scrapes on them at all just peeling really bad.
Went for a ride to Wheelcraft and for £55 a wheel they will have dark grey centers with blended silver rim, would have polished rim but cant be doing with polishing them all the time.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:14 am

get em polished geezer, they shouldnt get too bad in the summer, then put ya winter wheels on thru the sh1tty months Smile
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:20 am

As sweet as they would look polished up dude I wil just get them painted up plus I think after they have been shot blasted they will be too badly pitted for polisining anyway. Can't wait to get em on now but I'm just going to be patient til next year.
Back to top Go down
dannyboy828
woldskool crew
dannyboy828

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:42 am

yea ya prob right m8, either way i think they'll look sweet when theyre on
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 am

Yeah should look sweet as when they are on mate just gotta get em spaced out right.
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:38 am

I reckon they'd look good Matt black. Yeah polished rims are a right pain!!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah I'm still thinking what colour to have them, was thinking like a dark satin grey with silver rim but now in thinking all dark satin grey but I'm undecided lol I'll prob change my mine loads more before I get them done. Thought bout matt black Pete but want them to shine.
Back to top Go down
petie
Gettin' wold'er!
petie

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:29 am

I just thought matt would go with the car nicely, urban cruiser like! Or gloss black with a polished lip, best of both worlds then!
Back to top Go down
kimmy
woldskool crew
kimmy

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:48 am

Urban cruiser Smile I like that dude! Well if I could have the rim polished up and then clear coat that would be awesome but I really don't wanna have to keep polishing them for em to look good. Even thought about some crazy bright colour but don't think they would suit the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimmys Vento    Kimmys Vento  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kimmys Vento
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next